Ask any GOODE employee and they’ll tell you there is one question they hear most from customers: “When are you going to bring back the Wide Ride?”
They don’t have to hear that anymore now that GOODE has re-engineered and relaunched one of water skiing’s most groundbreaking ski models by adding it to the Carbon Core series.
Based on the shape of the world-record holding XTRcc, the Wide Ride Carbon Core is engineered for the slalom skier who is looking for a higher-riding ski, whether it’s because they want to maintain speed through the turns at 36 or 34 mph, or get more support and stability at 32 mph or lower.
Like the XTRcc, the Wide Ride Carbon Core features a softer flex that makes turns quick, symmetrical and automatic, which when combined with a carbon core that rebounds more quickly out of the turn, leads to faster side-to-side speed and more space before the next buoy.
One skier who is liking what he sees in the new Wide Ride Carbon Core is Steve Raphael, a nine-time national champion and current Mens 8 U.S. National record holder.
“I just got back from Florida and I’m up between four and six buoys from last year with this ski,” said Raphael. “The carbon core is a step up for this ski for sure and I’m really looking forward to tournament season. It’s by far the best slalom ski I’ve ever ridden.”
Carbon Core series benefits include:
- Improved performance: Greater rebound, more stability at the ball and dramatically increased durability.
- A thinner profile: The carbon core’s increased strength allows for a thinner side profile, offering skiers a more connected-to-the-water feeling.
- Softer flex patterns: The carbon core led to the holy grail of ski design – soft flex patterns that produce indestructible, symmetrical turns, with quick rebound out of the turn that generates amplified side-to-side speed.
- Larger, rounder bevels: Working in concert with the thinner profile, refined bevels provide a more stable, predictable ride, resulting in more buoys even when things don’t go as planned (read: better scrambling ability).
- Additional features:
Factory installed brass inserts
- Precision finbox
- Five-year warranty
- PowerShell and G-Flex ready
- Handmade in Ogden, Utah, U.S.A
The Wide Ride Carbon Core is available in two sizes: 64 inches (skier weight of 125 to 180 lbs.) and 66 inches (180 lbs. and up).
Click here to learn more or buy today.