What is the purpose?
- The purpose is to connect people who are curious about skiing (but not currently involved) with skiers who are currently involved and passionate about the sport.
Who can be an Ambassador?
- Anyone with passion for water skiing and access to a ski site and boat.
What is the job of an Ambassador?
- Ambassadors are asked to simply introduce new skiers to the sport. When possible, Ambassadors will take new skiers out to a ski site and show them what opportunities are available. Most Ambassador's commitment will be minimal, and depending on the Ambassador and their location, the job will be conducted a little differently for each person.
How to get involved
- Go to http://where2waterski.com/
- Click “Add Listing” from the top menu
- Create an account or log in if you already have an account
- You will be automatically directed to the Add Listing page – fill out this form. In the section titled “Place description” write your invitation for new skiers to contact you. Fill out the rest of the form.
- Add a photo!
- Last step - review your listing and send yourself a test email by clicking on the "Send Enquiry" link
When I create a listing should I choose to be listed as an Ambassador and a Club?
- Most listings should be “Ambassador”. It is the Ambassador’s role to tell the new skiers about the local clubs, shops, and opportunities.
- If you are the contact person for a club that is accepting new members then you should choose “Club” when you create your listing.
- All types of listings are really just "points of contact" so perhaps there is no wrong answer.
Technical issues with the site?
What happens next?
- Once the Ambassador directory has 50 listings, a Google advertising campaign will start to attract prospective new skiers and direct them to the website.