|Rank||Skier||Events %||Scores %||Combined|
The task of creating this list is mostly about filtering and sorting Event Placements and Event Scores. The source data is the IWWF World Rankings list and the results from any Pro Events during the same period of time.
1) Find all Pro Events during the IWWF October Ranking List Calendar Year. Men's Events need 10 or more entrees and Women's Events need 9 or more entrees to make the list. The US Masters is the only exception.
2) Find all skiers who skied in 3 or more of the Pro events. The result is 25 skiers for the men and 11 for the women.
3) For each event assign each skier a Placement Score based on the skier's placement. See notes for formula*.
4) Find the 3 highest Placement Scores per skier and add them together for a Cumulative Placement Score. Sort the skiers by Cumulative Placement Score to create the ranking. This is the first half of the data set.
5) Find the 3 highest buoy count scores per skier from all L/R tournaments. Only the highest round per skier per tournament is taken.
6) Add the 3 scores together to create a Cumulative Buoy Count Score. Sort the skiers by Cumulative Buoy Count Score to create the ranking.
7) Once the two lists are sorted by their respective scores the supporting data is set aside. What remains are two ranking lists. One list created by the sum of 3 tournament scores and another created by the sum of the 3 best placement scores.
8) The same formula* used to create the Placement list is applied to both the tournament scores and placement scores ranking lists.
9) The average of Tournament Scores and Placement Scores Rankings is the skier's final ranking score.
10) The skiers are sorted once again based on this score and given their final placement.
*Ranking Score Formula
100-(100x((Place-1)/Total # of Skiers))= Ranking Percentile
San Gervasio ProAm