Joel Poland last weekend

Horton

• Administrators

Last weekend at WWS Travers Cup

Prelims 2.5 @ 41 / 12160 / 67.6 (221)

Finals 2 @ 41 / 12030 / 69.6 ( 228 )

The current approved World Record

1 @ 41 / 11680 / 70.3 (230)

A post shared by John Horton (@ballofspray)

• Like 7

• Administrators

Is there a IWWF Overall Excel tool? I was trying to monkey around with scores to see how far Joel is ahead of the current field and what a perfect overall score could look like. 

Joel's tournament PBs per event are something like  6 @ 41 / 12160 / 230.  I do not know what one more ball is worth in the overall calculations.  I imagine 4 @ 41 / 12k / 230 would be a score for the ages.  In other words Joel's slalom score is the only one that looks like there is more potential at the moment. IDK - just spitballing - for all I know he has a 13K trick run for next season. 

There will always be another ball, point or foot but the window of athletic possibility is getting pretty narrow.

• Administrators

@Cooper_Trelawney I was thinking that if he skis 99% of his current PBs in all 3 events that is as much or more than we can expect. 

• Baller

@HortonOverall Scoring.xlsx

Here's my spreadsheet. Joel's first and second round from this weekend were both higher than the current approved record, but slightly below his pending record from Fluid the other weekend, so will only be records if the Fluid record is denied for some reason.

What's possibly even crazier IMO is that an overall score of 2.5 @ 39 / 11520 / 64.9 (213) wasn't even good enough for a podium finish this weekend. I'm not sure how you compare, but I'd argue that's like someone running 41 in the finals and still finishing 4th in a pro slalom tournament, there are probably a lot more people that have run 41 than have ever had an overall round as good as Kolman this weekend.

• Like 2

• Administrators

@NZskier

that is a nice xls. I am going to keep that for future ref.

An additional ball at 41 has less impact on the total score than I would have thought. 

• Like 1