T Factor Rewrap

• Baller

I have been using a T-Factor the last couple of seasons and have loved it.  This year I did get a rip in the stitching though contacted D3 and they were super easy to work with to get a new wrap shipped up to me.  

I've rewrapped Wiley trick and jump bindings before but the T-factor is a bit different in how it's set up.  Before I got started I was wondering if anyone had any tips or tricks for this.

• Elite Skier

Take the boot off of the plate. That will help make the boot more flexible to reach the screws into the proper holes.

Do one side at a time, and just get the screws started- not tight. Use a hand screwdriver, not a drill.

It's a pain, but make sure you have each screw lined up in the hole before trying to tighten at all. It's plastic, and the screw will grab and go even if it's not lined up, but it won't hold securely if not in the hole.

Send me a message if you need help at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Baller

Pay attention to the order the screws are in. There are 3 different lengths and they have to go in the right spots. I mark which holes had what screws (including no screw) with a sharpie on that side plate. 

Additionally pay close attention to the little ankle instep rubber strap. It's tricky to get it stretched across and aligned with the right holes. This strap gets worn out so it's not a bad idea to replace it while you are in there.

Lastly there are a couple holes on the wrap that do not come pre-punched so don't let that throw you off.

I've done this probably 10x. The latest wraps seem to have reinforcements in critical areas that would tear previously so that's awesome.