Would changing the dates increase your interest in Nationals?

Horton

Two weeks earlier?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. If nationals was 2 weeks earlier would that increase your interest in Nationals?

• 2 weeks earlier would be better
    • 2 weeks earlier would be worse
    • Not going either way
    • Going either way
  2. 2. What if Nationals was on Labor Day weekend? ( Tournament starts on the Thursday and finishes by noon Monday or something like that)

• Labor Day weekend would be better
    • Labor Day weekend would be worse
    • Not going either way
    • Going either way

• Baller
45 minutes ago, jgills88 said:

@balls not that you're necessarily wrong, but I'm curious why you'd make the split at M/W3 and not at B/G5? In my mind, juniors only nationals makes more sense than leaving M/W2 with them

As an  open skier, I preferred the US Open/ Ability/Elite competition. As a parent, I would love to ski in addition to bringing my kids to Nationals. I’m in M6 though...

IMHO: Nationals should stay a Festival/Reunion/Manufacturers expo. It's what other sports don't do.

• Baller_

serious thoughts from one with little left upstairs!

I don't think the date of the nationals is the real issue. shoot!! my boy's at Rosewater in northwest Montana are on the lake soon as the ice rolls off in late April. Nationals is a full 3 and a half months from late April. Again the date could be any time in August, However the real issue as i see it as member,,a skier (lol),as a official and team family member, the dates between the "MANDATORY regional participation when they are three time zones apart less then 4weeks apart is the issue!

Again this current system is not conducive to membership participation and sustainability. the template was designed in the way-back primitive days of the sport. It does not account for today's lifestyles and economy. The idea of other options for a qualification should be implemented.: change the regional championship be A Regional LCQ and a true championship. For some the Regional championship is all the farther they are going to go up the ladder. Allow a state or multi state championship be included as the mandatory event for national entry. these events of course must adhere to be at least class E events. Time frame for each of these options would be up to the region and and each state federation as to what works best for their membership. going in this direction as a true championship ideology would truly be beneficial to all, these changes would more then likely bolster the sport at all levels. it would put some emphasis and energy back into the state champion ideology as a stepping stone for national inclusion. It would also allow skiers members the opportunity to economically space the time frame between their mandatory qualification event and the national championship..

Edited by Jody_Seal