2025 Senate Pro

ROBOT

• Baller

thumbnail_senate-14.webp

Our best selling shape in our highest end construction. 

PMI foam is undoubtedly the lightest, most responsive foam on the market. We wrap that foam in Textreme spread tow carbon to

make this Senate the fastest, most aggressive Senate we’ve ever created. Now those skiing 28-34 MPH in the course truly have a racecar of a Senate to write home about.

Find it at radarskis.com
  • Like 4

• Baller

Due to the extra width, the 65 & 67 really seem to bridge the 66 & 68 inch sizes pretty nicely. My old ski partner ran -35 on his 67 pretty regularly at 210 pounds, maybe a little more. He was on a 68 of any other ski and still not running that many buoys

• Baller

@ColeGiacopuzzi from what I remember the older 65 Senate had more surface area than the 66 vapors per the spec sheets.  Which made sense to jump on a 65 senate.  The new senates have less so a 66 version would be nice but that’s a pipe dream.   I feel right in between.   Having skied both 65/67 ….the 65 felt a bit small , the 67 felt huge .   But 67 can be tuned to feel smaller …🤷‍♂️.  Can’t win so I’ll stay on my Vapor which I know love

• Like 2

• Baller

The 67" Senate has roughly the same surface area as the 68" vapor but a .1 more width.  The next jump up to the 69" Senate is huge.   It would be nice to get that little extra width plus a little more surface area on a 68" senate.  I think it makes a difference if you are a heavy-ish occasionally sub 34 MPH skier.  But I realize this is probably a pipe dream.  At 34 mpg I can jump back and further between the two pretty easily.   

• Baller

FWIW, at 165# (-22@34mph)I am in the range of a bunch of Radar skis coming off a '23 66" pro.  Tried a few versions and after some great advice from @ColeGiacopuzzi settled on a 67" Vapor pro which seems to be precisely what I wanted , a bit more stable, a bit more glide, a bit less effort at the expense of a longer turning radius.  I like it so much that I considered buying another as backup in case they change it.

• Baller

@aupatking @ColeGiacopuzzi I don't see how two skis can bridge the gap that have a fixed length and width. The 65" is like a 66" and the 67" is like a 68". For those that normally ski on a 65", 67" or 69" they are left in the middle. This is not different than saying you only need every other size Vapor to cover all skiers...

• Baller
1 hour ago, BGrow76 said:

@aupatking @ColeGiacopuzzi I don't see how two skis can bridge the gap that have a fixed length and width. The 65" is like a 66" and the 67" is like a 68". For those that normally ski on a 65", 67" or 69" they are left in the middle. This is not different than saying you only need every other size Vapor to cover all skiers...

The Senate weight range is larger for each length. If the Vapor were only available in 65, 67, 69…. there would be holes in the weight ranges. 
These are also suggested sizes based on weight. If you really like the Senate but feel heavy on one but too light for the next, I understand that you would want an “in-between”