Kicker Lifts

• Baller

Hey Ballers,

Just dropping in to introduce the product that I'm releasing in conjunction with Ski-Doc - The Kicker Lift. HERE is a video of my explaining the product on Facebook.

It began with me trying to get my hips level, as my back leg is a little shorter than my front and I've always skied with a lot of heel lift. I still lift my heel when I ski but I do notice a difference in the performance of my ski depending on the lift of the back foot.

Each lift is made of flexible plastic and has universal mounting holes. Each is .11" thick.  I use three for a lift of 1/3". I think it's a rare person who would need more than three. I have been recommending that most people start with two. If that feels better, add the third and see how it feels. Some people may only ned one.

Why might I need this?

Many front boot set ups make the front foot it higher of the ski than the back foot. A front hardshell has the plate, the shell and the liner, whereas the rear may only have the plate and a rubber footbed. Even many rubber front boots have more foam under the foot than rear boots and kickers. I don't think we want our backfoot downhill from our front as a baseline stance. Getting more level is going to help.

What if I use a back boot?

I think there is a potential advantage for double boot folks too, especially if you feel like you ride too heavy on the back foot. Getting that rear foot a bit higher makes it easier to keep a more natural weight distribution over the ski. Check out this testimonial from the first batch I sent out:

Thanks for the rear lift. I’ve been struggling with riding tail heavy and these helped a lot. I know you’re super analytical with skiing and I can tell you as a 65 year old slalom skier… I’m in great physical condition but my gate and posture has changed with age. Lifting my back kicker made an immediate improvement in my skiing. I’m a 28 off 32mph skier and was really disappointed with my skiing this year. Now I can be optimistic again . Thanks

Do I need new screws for these lifts? 

Yes, you will need longer screws and you can get them inexpensively at any hardware store. 

I will try to keep an eye on this thread and answer any other questions that come up. I sold out of my first batch within 24 hours, so I think we found a niche. I have new inventory now and you can order from my webstite:  https://www.peaceloveandwaterskiing.com/peacelovewaterski

Happy Wakes,
Corey

• Like 4

• Baller

I ski a T factor front and a Willey rear with a t factor foot bed  so my feet are the same height  

I can see if you had to different height /style bindings  these lifts would be perfect .