Indmar monsoon manifold

maxepr

• Baller

Is it cracked or leaking at one of the welded plugs? I had a momsoon for years and had j/b welded several of those plugs along the way, it seemed to hold up quite well. I had heard that the aluminum ones were no longer available, switching to cast iron is possible but pretty pricey by the time all said and done.

• Baller

Thank you very much.  It is cracked.  I've been having trouble locating an aluminum one, just as you say.  Kind of hoping someone might have a good tip on a supplier I haven't found.  I appreciate your help.

• Baller

Bakes online lists aluminum manifolds for gm 5.7, quite expensive, I would contact them and check fitment, also ask if switching to cast possible. Can also check with great lakes skipper, and discount inboard marine (skidim.com). Skidim has very knowledgeable human being that can help out at least in my experience.

• Baller

my ski buddy has the same issue in his Response - JB Weld all over them.  You can replace with the cast iron ones for 1/3 the cost.    I've tried to talk him into pulling them and having the plug re-welded.  Another buddy did that and that is way cheaper solution