Fin Settings

Ethan

• Baller

I have a 2022 vapour pro, 66".

I'm wondering how much my fin adjustment will affect my skiing at 36mph 15 off. I have the fin roughly set to stock settings but I may be 0.010inches off on the DFT and the fin length, I'm wondering if I will notice at negative effects at this speed...

• Baller

Set boots and fin to stocK as best you can and ride a few sets like that. radar has two sets of numbers. Regards if you like the first set of numbers, try the other set up next. Choose the one that feels best to you then move to the next paragraph. You can choose the 2023 settings as the skis are very similar.

then move boots forward one hole and ski a few sets. Does it “feel” better to you or worse. If better leave here. If not try one hole back and decide which of the 3 placements feels better to you. Boots are the rough adjustment. Forward or back is not better or worse. 

once you have found this, then reach back out with what you would like the ski to do better and we can talk about fin settings.

IMG_1360.jpeg

• Like 8

• Baller

This sport  and BOS  are so good. Ask a question on a forum and get an answer from the same guy that designed the ski.  Not only an answer, but a very good step by step how to, that will get your setup pretty close very quickly.  Pretty amazing support from the elites of the  sport, like @Chris Rossi in this case.   

• Like 4