Do we just need more of this?

• Baller

All we need to do now is add zero off to it...and sure path...and enough room for 4 people....but keep the wake low, and do something about the tracking....put it on a private lake, keep the price under $30k, and I think we are onto something!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Baller_

Yes. 

I’ve free-skied a total of 4 times this year (down from maybe twice weekly) and it’s been the least-fun, most frustrating season turning buoys I’ve had since I started.

Went out this morning at -38/36 and had the  time of my life.  Going to make a point to do it a lot more, even if it doesn’t add a single buoy. 

IMG_2333.jpeg

• Like 9

• Baller

Thanks Horton. All I have to say is , “ I need to get back to The River  , the delta or Lake Nacimiento “. Free skiing on public water was so much fun. Just not sure I could still pull off the getting up before everyone else to get the good water 🤣.  Being retired should get me some of the good stuff mid week. 

• Baller

By way of selling my boat and not finding a replacement, I've been free skiing with my dad more at his place, no course, behind his 92 Supra Comp, no PP or ZO. And paying to ski the course at Bush's. I started off the season better than I ended last season! In fact, I'm on my way to dad's right now, let's hope the fog lifts a little. Very much enjoying this season. Free skiing lets me really focus on form or single movements for a long time, and I find it helps cement those changes into the course faster and more permanently than 6 sets at a time. 

• Baller

One issue I experienced last year, is the lack of fun on the water if you can't use your own boat and are paying ski-school for each set. You don't want to "mess around" when your paying $40-60 for 15mins or 6-8 passess 

• Like 3

• Baller

@ReallyGottaSki  Holy Moly!  114 cuts?  I typically ski a 4-4.5 mile open water run, but I don't think it's anywhere near 114 cuts....though I've admittedly never counted.  Quite a few boat path correction points for resting on the winding river for me.

• Like 1

• Baller
1 hour ago, Sethro said:

@ReallyGottaSki  Holy Moly!  114 cuts?  I typically ski a 4-4.5 mile open water run, but I don't think it's anywhere near 114 cuts....though I've admittedly never counted.  Quite a few boat path correction points for resting on the winding river for me.

No kidding!  I'll usually get up, do about 20 or so turns, then do a whip out breather, get back up, another 20 or so turns, etc.  3 or 4 passes of that and I'm about spent.

• Like 2

• Baller

Thanks men!  Hey we all push it!

Next day was travel day, exit big or go home. Water, boat, location, friends aligned.  Everything was spent, but a good burn.

rental was in the middle of that narrow section, so your viewing about a third of the run, and a fraction of the lake

we usually do 3  1mi lengths of 30 cuts or so at home, so i was somewhat conditioned

• Baller

I am lucky to do both. The thrill of incremental gains in a course is so addicting and rewarding. On open water, I am able to better connect with the sensations of skiing, kind of feels like flying when on glass and I am more in the present. 

• Like 2

• Baller

I'm a course skier, but I always start out the new season with several sets of free skiing. Once in a while, mid season, ill go back to free  skiing to work on something.  Usually brings back instant improvement in the course.

• Like 1