Upgrading to vapour pro

• Baller

I am currently skiing on a 2022 senate alloy 65". I am looking to upgrade to a 2022 vapour pro. 

I am skiing at 34 15off comfortably and sometimes going to 36 15off, but I become very inconsistent at 36. I'm wondering if upgrading to the vapour pro will help with being more consistent, especially at higher speeds. (I have been skiing on the senate for the past year)

I am skiing 95% of the time on course. 

• Baller_

The Vapor loves to go fast, I don't think you can go wrong with one if you're working at 36. It should be a huge upgrade if you're on an alloy Senate. 

If you can find/afford a '24, I think you'd like that even more. I skied well on my 22 though, certainly still a great ski. 

• Baller

thank you, unfortunately i could not find a 24. another thing I forgot to mention is the vapour is 66",will that have any negative impact? I'm only 135lbs 5"6

• Baller_

The chart lists the ski at 125-180lb, 32-36mph. I'm 155lb, 5'7, ski mostly 34/36 and ride a 66. I don't think the 66 will feel too big, especially since you're skiing -15, your water speed is lower than if you were -32/35/38 etc. 

• Like 1