2025 Malibu TXI info

03RLXi

• Administrators

let me first say I was wrong. I was 100% sure Malibu was going to stop making this boat here in the USA. From what I can tell, not only are they going to continue to build the boat for the next few years but there is also some kind of promo program.

• Like 8

• Baller

What kind of changes/differences?  I wonder if they finally got ride of the carpet around the bottom of the engine box...that's always bothered me to see carpet there and nowhere else in the boat.  I think gel patterns that kind of hide the platypus front end do wonders for the looks of the TXi.

• Baller

Another video of it https://www.facebook.com/watch/?mibextid=qtnXGe&v=848489830566635&rdid=GQfcjfEbSnmP1gIV

2 hours ago, Stejcraftben said:

The AUS made hulls are different to the US version. 

How so? I compared my Australian built 02 LX and 03 LXi to imported USA made boats and didn't spot any significant differences. Only noticible on my current 03 RLXi is it has Monsoon 340 whereas same year USA year only still had the 335. 

• Baller
2 hours ago, escmanaze said:

Would be really cool if they improved the long line slow speed wakes.  That would be a great first step at winning back some market share.  

That's exactly what the first video hints they have done. Makes a lot of sense as only a small percentage of users truly need world class shortline performance

• Like 2

• Baller

Appears no different than the old one above the waterline.  I agree that some of these are actually decent looking with the right gel pattern, but others are barftastic

• Baller
8 hours ago, 03RLXi said:

That's exactly what the first video hints they have done. Makes a lot of sense as only a small percentage of users truly need world class shortline performance

That’s exactly what they have done and improved some short line issues too. 

• Like 2
  • Heterodox 1

• Baller

i'm enthused, i observe and they seem to be talking like what i believe has been missing with boats lately,  Boats got bloated

im curious what it weighs, i believe that is key  for a higher trough in the curls,  plus a slick hull else the wake just gets replaced with propwash from accelerated water.

more HP required to thrust the boat, more water delta-v in the cone of propwash, higher observed 'wake' and more fuel usage. this may be a turnaround

• Like 1

• Baller

My understanding is that all changes are hull related to help the feel of the wakes. In Aust they haven't had the best reputation for their wakes.  Saying that they have supported the Aust Nationals for the past few years and have announced they are continuing that so I hope these changes help the wakes and get them some sales from us Aussie Slalomers

• Baller
1 hour ago, Ovaltine said:

Why isn’t Malibu USA hyping it like Malibu Australia is? I know they have their boat show coming up. 

Probably couldn't get the bean counters in the USA to approve the changes to the mold

• Baller_

Can anybody elaborate on what has been changed?  Until some specific changes are noted I tend to file it under marketing hype.

• Like 1

• Baller

Interesting the corporate geniuses at the big 3 don't see the potential for real ski boat sales. While languishing with excess inventory of wake barges, they could sell all the ski boats they make. Yes, the profit dollars are not as good as wake barges, but wouldn't it be prudent to keep staff busy building boats which will sell worldwide and still make a profit. If you shut down, lay everybody off, you lose people permanently. When you do resume production, retraining, new training, quality control, materials acquisition, all is more expensive. Traditional water skiing is what made these companies. 

Malibu has a huge opportunity to redeem themselves with this new TXI hull.  

• Like 3

• Baller

I've heard (second hand) that every year it's an internal battle just to convince the Malibu US brass to keep building the TXi.  Bummer Chad isn't around anymore.

• Like 2
  • Heterodox 1

• Baller
10 hours ago, DW said:

Can anybody elaborate on what has been changed?  Until some specific changes are noted I tend to file it under marketing hype.

It’s not marketing hype, changes to the hull and interior have been made. Hopefully Malibu US make the same changes. 

• Like 1