Bindings for trick ski

• Baller

I am considering purchasing a single trick ski from radar. What binding is recommended ? I have a Radar Prime laying around and a RADAR ARTP as well. Are these OK? I don't need a broken ankle at the point in my life.

• Baller

Most people are using hardshell on trick skis. Ideally you want something with a very good connection to the ski. Wiley trick wrap is also popular. You could probably use the Prime binding to get started but you will likely want to upgrade soon.

• Like 2

• Baller

I am super new to using a trick ski with a wileys on it now. I have heard from a couple people that the hardshells are set to not release typically, and require a special release mechanism. Is this true or can I just run a normal slalom release plate and call it a day?

• Baller

My boy and I use a syndicate hard shell system and it works very well.  I don't have the tension set very tight but it holds when it supposed to and releases when it's supposed to.  Better trickers probably run it a lot tighter than we run it.  

• Like 1

• Baller

I was at a weekday trick tournament this last week.  Pretty much everyone was using a Reflex Boot/release system. The trickers that are doing flips have an axtra strap to keep the binding from releasing on take off or landing.