Pic of Prostar with Tower and Bimini

escmanaze

• Baller

My google images search is failing me.  

Does anybody have pics of a modern (2014+) prostar with both the tower and the bimini that might show how the two interface together?  

TIA

• Baller

Thanks tons, that's very helpful!  So there is overlap from the perspective of an elevation view of the boat.  But then from the front view, it turns out that the tower is taller and wider than the bimini.  That looks really nice.  Does it work as well as it looks like it would?  Does the bimini just hook to only those two spots on the windshield?  Bimini still fits inside tower when folded down?  Does tower fold toward the back or the front?  

You don't have to answer all these, what you have done is already way too nice.  Just figure I would ask in case you're bored some time with nothing better to do than answer all my inquisitive questions.  

Thanks tons!!

• Baller

No problem! Glad to help out. As @Broussard already said… the tower is separate and larger than the Bimini. The Bimini is full attached and supported by the windshield. You need to drop the Bimini to put the cover on, but the tower stays up. The tower is held down by a massive bolt on each side and it folds to the back. 

I’m bored so here are some more pictures!

IMG_2134.jpeg

IMG_2135.jpeg

IMG_2136.jpeg

IMG_2137.jpeg

IMG_2138.jpeg

IMG_2139.jpeg

IMG_2140.jpeg

• Like 1

• Baller

Oh man!  Thanks tons, that is so helpful!  And it looks like it all works awesome together!!  Bimini is low just like my wife likes it.  This all looks so ideal.  Thanks tons for sharing.  

@Broussard my only fear is hooking the bimini up to only the windshield.  I assume they beefed up that piece of the windshield significantly in order to take the forces of the bimini?  Seems like a lot of force to go on that one piece, but I suppose it is certainly possible that they could make that piece strong enough.  

• Like 1

• Baller_
20 minutes ago, Jsh809 said:

Don’t worry about the windshield. It’s solid as a rock! The Bimini poles will bend/break before the windshield moves.

I love/hate the Prostar bimini system. It's super sleek, fast, easy, but eventually the $650 windshield mounts pull through and need replaced. 

In my opinion the Prostar windshield is way too flimsy for this, where as the Ski Nautique is WAY more robust, plus still uses forward supports. The Prostar windshield side stanchions are just held into the fiberglass with three small "wood screws". Pulling on the bimini moves and flexes the windshield. 

It's probably fine and if the worst thing that happens is $650 mounts in 1500 hours so be it, but it's not engineered for longevity. When you deploy the bimini, try to keep the ball slides from going all the way down into the windshield mounts, so it doesn't always pull on the same place and eventually pull thru.  A hose clamp or some tape on the bimini tubes can help this too. 

• Like 1