Canadian Nationals at Safari lake.

• Baller

Gonna turn 60 this summer (actually in 4 days) and planning to attend the Natls as a treat to myself. Not a great skier but thought that it could be fun.

Is there anyway to have some sets at Safari lake before the Natls ? Don't know if there's a ski club or if it is a close private lake...Anyone ski or skied there ?  @Jordan and Toronto area Ballers?

Any other Canuks plan to be there ?  @GaryWilkinson

• Like 2

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Baller

Good decision Andre! Looking forward to seeing you. There will be a great group there. You won’t find familiarization there ahead of time outside of the tournament scheduled practice as it is private community with little skiing going on. Would highly suggest sets beforehand at McClintocks just 20-30mins away or at T’s Pond maybe 30-40mins.   Both will look after you nicely.   Any questions shoot me direct message.  Helping out with some of the planning ….

• Like 1

• Baller

Ok, So it will be the same for all skiers! Only up and down the lake and that's it .  I'm surprise that there's not a lot of skiing going on as i thought it was a manmade ski lake.

I'd really like to ski Teresa' place as i followed her venture of building it.

I'll probably be in the area for 3 days.

How's your couch ?  🙂

• Baller

Andre! Great to hear you’re still going hard! Good on ya.  Sorry, not going this year but will be doing all the tournaments next year as I’ll be in the 65+ group and look to qualify and go to the worlds in Calgary!  You should come buddy!

• Like 1

• Baller
9 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Hey Andre,

I've never skied there, but I believe that there is a private ski club there. This link has contacts for the event. You might want to contactt Stevie Collins. He is listed as an event organizer..

wswc.ca/fr/site/?code=CAN8232

Thanks! Will do.  

Did you buy that 23 boat or have you come to your senses ?  😉