My Personal HO demo day

• Administrators

I have two brand new HOs on the rack and not enough time to test them thoroughly until later in the season, so I created my own personal demo day. I took each ski for one ride with bone stock settings and without taking time to get used to them, relying purely on first impressions. 

I started with the Works 1. I had heard high-level 36 mph skiers praise this ski in the past, and after six passes, I understood why. It is very fast across the course and makes a surprising amount of angle. When the skier moves to the inside, this ski turns as aggressively as any ski I have ever ridden. As an “old guy” at 34 who is guilty of turning too hard already, this ski might be too aggressive for me. If you are looking for absolutely automatic turns with minimal input this might be the ski for you. 

The Works 2 is harder to describe because it is extremely balanced. I was instantly comfortable on the  W2. Turns on both sides are dependable and user-friendly. It is fast, stable, and easy to ride. Out of the box, the large feels a little big for me at 185 pounds, but I recall from the Sabre (a lower-spec version of the Works 2) that after a few rides, the size felt right. This is a high-end ski for the masses.

• Like 3