24 Prostar throttle response/travel

Bruiser

Think of your throttle as a minute hand on a clock.  My throttle position moves 6-7 minutes before engaging transmission (forward) then another 6-7min before any acceleration (increase is speed/RPM). Throttle handle travels 12-14 minutes before any acceleration. Normal/abnormal/what to do?  Appreciate your input. Have 33+hrs on boat and absolutely love it otherwise.  Finding it really hard to adapt to.

Thanks Kent

• Baller

you should have your dealer address that issue - doesn't sound normal.   Those boats do not have a cable so maybe there is some kind of electrical issue/defect with the throttle

• Baller

This is the throttle action of my ‘24 as well. Dealership said it is normal. And for what it’s worth, Wade Cox drove it for 9.5 hours at our “ski with wade” event and said it was flawless. So… I’m going to say normal ops.

Edit: Thinking about it some more… the “12-14 min” travel might be excessive. Mine is more a repeat of the “6 mins” of movement to put the boat in gear.

• Baller_

Going from a 200 back to any recent Prostar,  the throttle catches me off guard a bit. Gotta keep pushing to get engine to come off idle.

Prostars are cable-shift where as others are electronic, so it just takes more movement to get in gear.