Radar to HO transition

• Baller

Am I crazy for thinking of moving from a radar senate in a 69 to a HO base wide omni in the 69?  Looking for something easier on deep water starts but can still ski about 90 percent open water and maybe 10 percent course.  Have put on a few pounds over the years and tired of wearing myself out after deep water start and taking a few turns. Just know that it looks like there is no carbon in the base omni and carbon overlay on the senate. 

Also on that front would a new senate ski differently and gi e better deep water start efficency from my 2016. I am sure there has been some redesigning since 2016 but not sure what would have changed. 

• Baller

Ski with larger widht under boot is riding higher in the water therefore is easier to ski longer open water distanse.

Ski with wider tail is easier for water start. 

Compare and pick what you need more.

• Elite Skier

You fit the story of my Dad to a T. Gained some weight, stopped skiing because he started missing starts and worrying about them more and just enjoyed it less. He was on the 67 TX. Moved to the 67 Omni wide and has barely missed a deep water start since. I don’t do ski sales very well but seeing my dad getting back into it has been awesome and well worth the few hundred bucks to see him enjoying his skiing again. (P.s he mainly uses it to run some smooth 15off or 22off at 34mph).

• Like 3