Handle size

• Baller

1.00-1.07 typically.  I borrowed smaller handles in the past and they seemed pretty harsh on my fingers and i have been told if they are too small you can develop more tennis or golfers elbow problems. 

It should feel comfortable to you with 500 pounds of force on it...  Could be you need 2 sizes one for you and one for your wife.  

• Baller

0.94 or 1.00 would be my recommendation, I have a 0.94 and really like it, but it all comes down to preference. I'd also say just having your own handle to get used to matters more than the size itself. 

• Administrators

I wear a medium glove and 1.125 handle.  A couple years ago when I figured out that I wanted the biggest handle diameter possible changed my life.

• Like 3

• Baller

i think it's preference - i went down to a 1.0 handle a few years ago and it was hard on my hands - i now use a 1.03 and don't get blisters.   I used large gloves.  

• Baller

Somehow years ago I decided the bigger the better, both masterline and slines go all the way up to 1.183, I've been on that for years and rarely have elbow issues, my hands aren't  particularly big, I use medium in ho 41 tail. 

• Like 1

• Baller

1.183 here, and size medium gloves. The larger diameter helps prevent over gripping. A bad habit I have. I’ve also experienced fewer elbow issues since going to the largest handle diameter. 

• Administrators

I used 1.0 for most of my life. Bigger handles solved 95% of my callus & blisters. Also i think i am better connected off second wake with a bigger & softer handle 

• Like 1

• Baller

@Cent the size of the handle is all personal as mentioned.  When choosing the correct size take the thickness of the gloves your wife uses.   The thinner the glove will give a better connection feel with the handle .  That being said you may want to go to a slightly bigger handle with thinner gloves where you  may also want to go to a thinner handle with thicker gloves.  Thickness I mean in the palms.   

• Baller

My fingers are thin so I go medium glove for the fit. I use a 1.062” handle. It may actually be worth finding a lower cost handle and buying a couple sizes to figure out what you like. The HO 41 tale handle is often found on sale and is a solid handle, especially to try a few sizes for some time. You may find that you and your wife like different sizes.

• Baller

Overtons has Radar Vapor handles on sale at a steep discount if you want to try some different diameters. I picked up a couple for the same reason and I am pleasantly surprised with the quality. Really nice/grippy rubber!