SKIING THE GEKKO GTR

bananaron

• Baller

Some boats just, rap.

Consider Its just called getting ahead of it, better to throw a couple hundred at the problem to avoid having to make ones case at a town meeting where you are the topic, Rolling the dice there wont be a new 10am operation ordinance, forever. People can lose their shit at 530 am and sound does some funny things skipping down the glass into people's windows. Especially if multiple starts at the same locationeach morning 

There is no performance penalty, my supreme is quietest of my three but is only .2 seconds slower to 30 than a malibu Corvette.

Did similar noise control on my kdx, could ride anywhere i wanted in stealth mode no fuss, no angst.

• Like 1

• Baller_
Posted (edited)

Not one to relish waking up the neighbors sneaking in that early morning glass run, but, I will miss the sound of a rumbling V8 (neighbors Shelby w/ Borla's sounds really nice), a sport bike @ 8k RPM, a Ferrari 12 or a Flat 6 Porsche if / when motorized transportation is all electric.  And no I don't consider an unmuffled H-D pleasant.

@bananaron - a significant portion of noise suppression is the water flowing through the system, more is better.  Different silencers do change the tone and make sure your tail pipe baffles are good and not worn out, they tend to work similar to turn downs.  Another option would be a silent rider muffler, they are very good.  Also, make sure the mufflers are not touching any part of the hull / deck, that transmits noise.  How much is tail pipe v doghouse?

Edited by DW