How to install new inserts in existing ski?

• Baller

I want to install two new threaded inserts into my ski so that I can add two more screws to fasten the boot plate to the ski.  Any recommendations on how to do this without damaging the ski?  Thanks.

• Baller

@Lowell Rust - why do you feel you need more screws to hold the plate? There are already 6 . If your binding isn't staying in place then address that issue with SS washers or better yet Mikro-just. Add Mikro-just and it will NOT move. If no Mikro-just, adding ss washers to the existing screws will generally keep them from loosening. No need to be drilling into the ski and trying to attach new inserts etc.  Mikro-just holds but also allows more adjustments than standard. 

• Baller_
Posted (edited)
On 7/4/2024 at 11:26 AM, Lowell Rust said:

I have a Mapple ski with 3 screw inserts on each side.  My binding is the MOB system and the front part of the plate near the top of the boot seems to move a little and I would like to secure it a little better.   Here is a link to a picture:  PowerShell on MOB — Mike's Overall Binding (mobsystemrelease.com)

I wouldn't suggest adding inserts, you will be adding them right into the core of the ski. Better off using some 3m velcro at the top. 

Edited by mike_mapple

Performance Ski and Surf 

Mike@perfski.com

👾