Slalom Skiing in Lake Placid, NY?

• Baller

I've read that there are a few slalom courses in the Lake Placid area. Does anyone have any more information on that? Any water ski clubs a slalom addict can join? How skiable is the slalom course on a public lake? Thinking of making a visit and want to do my homework ahead of time. Thanks! 

• Baller

I’ve skied the course on Lake Placid, definitely prone to rollers from other boats and reverb from the shore line But is one of the most beautiful lakes I’ve ever been on. I learned to ski there years ago when I was a snow ski jumper. @lpskier can probably give you some insights! I think Terrence Fogarty also has a nice set up on a nearby lake.

• Like 1

• Baller

Thanks, VermontSkier. Very helpful! What are some good places in Vermont? We're looking to maybe get a place in a few years where I can slalom, my husband can wake surf and our entire family can snow ski during the winter. We're thinking either Lake Placid, someplace in New Hampshire, Vermont or even Colorado (son is going to UC Boulder.) 

• Baller

I’m sure some other folks can chime in, but I have a course in a protected setback on the CT River in Brattleboro and it is an awesome body of water. Our site is about as close to a private lake on public water as you can get. Southern Vermont has some decent skiing, Mount Snow, Okemo, Stratton etc. definitely a different vibe than a place like Lake Placid, more blue-collar but we have a fun little ski scene. I operate a nordic center near Mount Snow in the winter months. 
Waterbury VT has a couple courses on Waterbury Reservoir and @jcamp maintains a course on Lake Fairlee or Morey. 

• Like 1

• Baller

Vermont has severely limited access to wakesurf boats effective this year.  They cannot be used within 500 ft of shore to help mitigate the damage to shorelines.  I don't believe wake boats are allowed on the Waterbury Reservoir any longer, or in just a very limited corridor.  We do maintain 2 ski courses.

• Like 1