It Takes a Friend

• Baller

So maybe I’m just too ignorant here, but is the idea that you have your foot outside the rtp when you’re doing a start, then you slide it in later? 

do I start wrong by having my foot snugly in the rtp before the driver hits it? 

• Like 1

• Baller

@FullFlavorPike it’s all personal preference, I would think if your coming from a double boot, you would push your rear foot into the RTP as far as you can vs dragging it. I ski with a reflex R-Style and feel IF I had to change to RTP, it would be easy as my rear foot it barley inside. 

• Like 2

• Baller
12 hours ago, FullFlavorPike said:

As mentioned, it's all about personal preference. I ski with 5 of the same guys on a weekly/daily basis. 3 of us use a RTP while the other 2 are double booted. No one drags a foot. I learned 40 years ago to have both feet on the "stick". Just for kicks I tried dragging a foot as some of my other buds drag a foot and suggested I try it. It wasn't pretty and after 4 attempts I gave up at went back to my foot in the slot. Some like it some don't.

• Like 2

• Baller
14 hours ago, FullFlavorPike said:

So maybe I’m just too ignorant here, but is the idea that you have your foot outside the rtp when you’re doing a start, then you slide it in later? 

Yes, I drag my left foot outside and then slip it in, essentially getting up on one leg. I've been doing that since I was 12, so it should be like riding a bike.
At the moment, my foot is getting torqued (Pain = 10+) if I keep it in the RTP on a start. Hopefully, as it heals I can leave it in, but for now........

• Baller
5 hours ago, 2Valve said:

Yes, I drag my left foot outside and then slip it in, essentially getting up on one leg. I've been doing that since I was 12, so it should be like riding a bike.
At the moment, my foot is getting torqued (Pain = 10+) if I keep it in the RTP on a start. Hopefully, as it heals I can leave it in, but for now........

Correct me if I miss understood? I thought you have been skiing in a double boot for over 20yrs? Which means dragging a foot would be brand new again as far as training the body. I wish I was twelve again, lol. I hope your foot feels better soon and the “get ups” are getting easier. Getting old…er sucks! 

• Baller
1 hour ago, Shell said:

Correct me if I miss understood? I thought you have been skiing in a double boot for over 20yrs? Which means dragging a foot would be brand new again as far as training the body. I wish I was twelve again, lol. I hope your foot feels better soon and the “get ups” are getting easier. Getting old…er sucks! 

Correct. I got a new Connelly F1 in 2005, with double boots. (Draft bindings I think). And several skis after that, I stayed with double wraps. Before that it was Obrien's, Connelly's, all with a RTP.

I'm sure it will feel comfortable again. Going out in a few min. actually. The lake is a mirror. 🙂

Getting old...er is just a small impediment if your mind is still young. The key is eating right, keeping the weight off and good blood flow. And it helps to have lots of friends who are still passionate about the sport.

• Like 3

• Baller

Age 79 this month. Still slalom  ski in the summer. Short Northern season in Alaska. Love the sport. No longer have a  personal slalom course. Public lake. 

Get out early  3 days a week and  ski for pleasure and the benefits for strength, balance and coronation. Good for the mind and the body. 

The whole lake experience good for me and for grandchildren generation. 

• Like 7