‘24 Vapor binding questions

Just upgraded to the ‘24 Radar Vapor bindings and noticed there is no foot bed in the Intuition liners on this model. 

Feels fine without a foot bed and in fact molded them without one, but wondering if most people are adding a Superfeet style foot bed or foregoing them now?

Also a newbie question: what are the Velcro straps for included in the parts bag?

Thanks in advance all you genius ballers!

• Baller

The Velcro is to stiffen the cuff up if mounting to a mechanical release. I ran a footbed in all my previous vapors , but with the 24 , no footbed and I put thin plastic shim stock under the insert to get the exact fit I wanted. Used the shim stock under previous models to help with ejection and to keep the insert bosses that mount the binding from tearing up the bottom of the liner. Here’s a .025 piece I used that I replaced once the inserts busted through. The new boot doesn’t have the bosses that stick up. Radar fixed that issue. 
1B0AA9B7-4159-4995-8656-4601491CB541.jpeg

• Baller

I can’t run a foot bed in mine. I had always ran a Superfeet in my old vapor boots. The new one has some arch molded into the base of the binding, so when I put an insole in there…. It’s way too high of an arch support. 

I do miss being able to put an insole with a proper arch support and entire base of the foot support into my intuition liner. I ride intuition liners in my snowboard boots and an insole is key to making them perform properly.

• Baller

I believe the Velcro Strap is used to go around the upper part of the liner when you take the cuff off the back boot and use it as a HRT or hybrid.  

• Like 2

• Baller

@Ski4fun It's my understanding the Velcro strap is most commonly used for the front boot when running a Reflex release to limit the forward flex and transfer the force to the binding so it will release at the appropriate point. 

• Baller

The difference is the interior footbed of the boot on the new model is contoured with arch support. The previous version which had superfeet style inserts for the liner had a completely flat interior to the boot. 

• Baller

Release of Vapor boot is  - liner goes out of the boot, not foot from the liner. Securing liner around the ankle with strap provides proper release action with foot in the liner. Once after OTF I found ski and the liner afloat on the distance of 10 meters from me and each other )))