Nautique Zero Off issues?

RAWSki

• Baller

Anyone had "Zero Off Not Responding" messages on their new (2019-2023) Nautiques?

It comes up about once a week for us.....but the boat will still run and actually lock in at speed even though zero off appears un-responsive (it runs at the last selected speed before the error and tracks the course).  Usually a shut down and restart fixes the issue, occasionally the LINC screen reboots itself and it's fixed as well.  

Just curious if anyone else has run into this, we installed a new battery and checked as many cable connections as possible this spring.

• Industry Professional

@RAWSki FWIW,   I don't know about the Nautique, but on the Malibu there are a couple relays in the ignition circuit that are part of how power makes it to the screens and ZO units.   Overtime, moist environments can make those relays really temperamental with intermittent operation and randomly going open when supposed to be closed or vice versa.  

Ive never been up under the dash on the Nautique, but might be worth a look to see if there are any relays up there that can be easily swapped. 

Outside of that, the only other random issue I've run into on something strange like that is just electrical wire crimps getting loose overtime and causing intermittent issues.

• Like 1

• Baller

Are you getting depth and water temp readings when this happens. May seem like a strange question, but the AirMar depth and Water Temp sensor is on the CANBUS along with the Zero Off head unit and LINC screen. I've helped diagnosis two cases of Zero Off issues similar to what you're seeing recently that both ended up being caused by a failing AirMar Depth and Water sensor disrupting the CANBUS. 

If you're not getting those readings, then try unplugging the AirMar depth and water sensor. It's most likely mounted through the hull right in front of the engine. It'll have a 4 wire connector. 

• Like 1