Connelly C1 sizing

• Baller

Hi Ballers!

I have a question about sizing on the Connelly C1.  I'm at the top of the range for 66" and the bottom of the range for a 67".  The ranges are in the image below, but since the sizing does not specify any differences for speed, I'm not sure which way to go.  I course ski at 34 mph, and typically to 35 off.

Anyone that's been on this ski have any words of wisdom?

C1specs.jpg?v=1713191445&width=720

• Baller

Tough call if you can’t demo. What size ski do you ride now? I’m also just under the 66 max per the chart but ride a 66 DV8, and also have a 67 GTR. Have not ridden a C1 yet but at your speed and line length I would lean to the 67. Connelly’s IMO feel shorter and perform better skiing fast. 12m at 55k the 67 should feel great if dialed in. I went back to the 67 GTR last week to ride it again and it felt great so staying there for a bit. Not at your lines yet 

• Baller

have U skied any other high end Connelly's in a 66 or 67 if so that that will give U a indication of what size will work with the C1  on a side note when is the the review of the C1 coming out

• Baller

Thanks for the input, guys.  I'm riding a 66" D3 right now, and I'm in the middle of the range for that one.  I haven't ridden a recent Connelly since I tried my friend's 68" DV8 just to see what it was like.

• Baller

D3 in their sizing/chart recommendations equates 5 lbs. with 2 mph.  This seems reasonable to me. 

Connelly's are also relatively narrow to start with and ride deeper/different than, say, a Vapor.  That is my direct comparison.  I'd check the width on your D3 and compare.  If you decide you want more ski under your front foot you might want to go with the bigger ski.  

• Like 1