BOA system on Vapor bindings - repair

• Baller

Anyone else have their BOA system break (the part that the dial screws into)? In the pic, the piece circled in blue is what cracked and won't hold the screw from the BOA dial, the part circled in red is the replacement part I finally got from BOA.  It's 2 rivets that connect this to the Vapor boot.  I'm hoping I can simply drill the rivets out and put new ones in, just checking to see if any others here have gone through this or have any suggestions.

FWIW - I tried gorilla glue to keep the screw in place on the broken part and this has lasted anywhere from 1/2 season to 1 set.  Duct tape works well to hold the dial in place and keeps it from popping off while skiing but is a PITA to do each set.

IMG_1314 2.jpeg

• Baller

@thager  Is this replacement process as simple as it seems, drill out old rivet, replace part, insert new rivet?  Do you recall what size rivet you used?  Looks like a #8 screw (~5/32") fits.

@Windsurfnut Yep, that's how I got the part 🤣

FYI - BOA got back to me... due to this known breakage issue, they are redesigning this part to be more serviceable and this replacement part is hard for them to find now.

• Baller

They need to use an H4 Boa. It’s widely used in the snow boot market and has no screw to hold the dial in place. Pressure fitted. 

• Baller

That's the part I needed to replace, but mine cracked where the BOA gets screwed in.  Drilled the rivets out and put new ones in.  All is good.

@lkb  Radar didn't have the part when I tried a few weeks ago.  BOA took several weeks to find the part.  May be hard to get as they told me they are changing the design of this for next year.

IMG_1357.pdf