Pro Event in Marrakesh

• Baller

Alice mentionned cold water???  Forecast for saturday and sunday is 97 and 99 f .  How cold water could be...

• Like 1

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Administrators

• Baller_

Very cool!  What a great place to visit, make sure to sample the local culture and culinary fare.  Although when competing it's always a bit risky to sample gastronomic delicacies of very different cultures as the results can sometimes not be desirable. 

• Baller

According to a friend in Mexico, most ski lakes in Mexico have a plastic liner like this lake in Morocco.   Even here in Texas, a lot of ponds and tanks have liners if clay isn't present.   To pro skiers, a lined lake seems unusual but they seem to be more common than not.  If rainfall, ground water and clay are scarce, a liner sounds like the way to go.

• Baller

Anyone else see Will’s 41 gate in round 2?  How was that a make? I don’t think Stephen would have made it through regardless due to back up but wow that could have messed with things. 

IMG_7973.jpeg

IMG_7975.jpeg

• Like 1

• Administrators

Well this is one time I hope Asher is not on the podium - so I do not have to hear more about the above gate.

Yea that is a zero.

• Like 1

• Administrators

@Cooper_Trelawney

That is correct - zero controversy. Congratulations to Asher!

I just watched Asher's 41 a bunch of times. It's just bonkers.

• Like 2
  • Heterodox 1

• Baller
5 hours ago, Cooper_Trelawney said:

But....looking at the results of all 3 rounds, Asher would have been in the finals anyways.   Those gates were out but it doesn't have an impact on the outcome.

True. Just with all the gate reviews they had during the first and second round it makes me wonder how they miss something like that. Nothing on Will. 

That 41 was mental. It doesn’t seem like a ton of vegetation grows around that site, however, once it does grow in somewhat that place is going to be insane. Is it Camille‘s family’s lake? 

• DIslike 1

• Baller

@APB I agree with you that it is odd that the missed gate wasn't caught considering the technology present and the review process that we saw during the tournament.  Judges are only human and we all make errors but it's surprising that this one wasn't questioned.  Nothing on Will.  We've all missed a gate before and I have to guess at -41, that it's like threading a needle at 60+ mph.

• Like 1
  • DIslike 1

• Baller

From New Zealand Tournament Water Ski Association Facebook page

Breaking news from Morocco , at Africa’s first ever pro tour stop kiwi Alex King is part of history towing Will Asher for a score of 1@9.75m to win the event , it was the first time 10.25m has ever been run in Africa also at 42 years of age Will becomes the oldest ever skier to run 10.25m at 58kph
An amazing feat for Will and some remarkable driving from Alex with possibly the straightest ever completed 10.25m pass in history . The maximum deviation on the pass was only 4cm .

• Like 6

• Baller
On 6/19/2024 at 12:26 PM, mfjaegersr said:

(32.0338056, -7.9498333)

Who’s updating the Google Earth lake list these days, @Horton? Fresh data!

I *know* it’s in Morocco…yet it looks like it’s in the middle of BF Egypt. 

where can this be found?

• Elite Skier
1 hour ago, Nando said:

They're really packing in the spectators...

40 mins out of any sort of town and not advertised due to it being the first event and nervous of security risk. The stands and tents were there for the sponsors and VIP’s to make them comfortable not for spectators

• Like 2

• Baller
2 hours ago, Stevie Boy said:

@mikerev800 flying commercial is boring, live your life and ski, you might think so , but, money will never replace, freedom to live your life, without becoming a slave to the system.

I find myself not wanting to watch these pro events when the top pros are not showing up.

3 hours ago, Stevie Boy said:

@mikerev800 flying commercial is boring, live your life and ski, you might think so , but, money will never replace, freedom to live your life, without becoming a slave to the system.

But you can't blame the guy for starting a long term career.

• Like 2

• Baller
7 hours ago, Stevie Boy said:

Money does help with things like food, bills, etc and having those things paid sure can make someone feel at ease. Fact is, even the best pro skiers don’t get paid enough for the basics of life.

• Like 4

• Baller_

Here, I fixed it:-)

@vtmecheng - Money does help with things like food, bills, skis, boats, ropes, vests, fins, etc and having those things paid sure can make someone feel at ease. Fact is, even the best pro skiers don’t get paid enough for the basics of life mentioned above.

It is a shame that the top open pro skiers (M & F) require alternate primary income streams to be financially secure enough to compete.

• Like 1