What to learn next

• Baller

My boy just set some new comp PB's and practice PB's in 3 event, so what to work on next?

Slalom: comp: 2/52kph (32mph) practice: 2/55/16 (34mph/22off)

Trick: comp: 750 practice: 1550 (obs a bit more practice required to score each one)

Jump: comp 11.2m (36.5ft)/ 39kph (24mph) 1.5m ramp (5ft) practice: 15.4m (51ft)/44kph (27.3mph) 1.35m (4ft6)

• Baller_

Depending on his age, learn:

1.  How to drive the boat with proper safety, path, blocking technique.

2.  Judging and scoring to be ready to get those credentials.

3.  Shorter rope at the 32 mph speed. 

• Like 2

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller

He's 13 so can't get his boat drivers licence yet (16 in uk). (Although can drive a boat better than some!)

We're already looking into judging so all of us have got something to do on  a comp weekend.

What to concentrate on though? I know he's got to get more consistent but every comp he's getting slightly better scores.roughly what ratio of training for each event?

• Baller

Shoot me down if I am wrong but if he wants to be a three event skier focus on trick.  While learning often the differential between skiers for slalom and jump is not that large but between trick is huge.  Therefore if he can develop a very good trick run it can often overcome an average jump or slalom score.

The challenge will be that slalom and jump are more fun to learn.

• Like 2

• Baller

Start thinking about it as four event - Slalom, Hand Tricks, Toe Tricks, and Jump.  Half of your training time should be in Tricks. Trick training crosses over to Slalom and Jump.

• Like 3