Radar Senate 2024 Settings

• Baller

I have just ordered a new senate Lithium 67". I plan on setting to what I believe are standard settings bellow. IF I HAVE THIS WRONG or you have found you need to move from the standard I would really appreciate you sharing your experience.

Boot radar Vapor 2024 DFT- 30.25

Settings- 2.46 - 6.945 - 0.765 - 7

weight 83KG 183Lb height 6foot age 60y ski fit. skiing at volume 30mph 15off working on set up and technique

Background:   I have been on a HO TX carbon with animal bindings for years just tried to change to vapor hardshell to fit reflex and having loads of problems. Firstly could not fit reflex plate so had to machine holes out on base plate which came with boot to fit ski, stock HO settings do not work with this hybrid system. I used projectiion of ankle bone which has been debated on other threads and @Horton posted pics of with great explanation to mark boot's and ski result a massive 1.25 inch discrepency which fitted with what I found testing. I spent last year trying to work on technique and now my technique is drifting to compensate which I can't afford. 

So bought new ski to use with new binding.............yeah I know @Horton is right I should NOT change both at same time but I need to get out of this rabbit hole of binding position versus me compensating. So going to get std set up to std settings then get technique at least consistent then plan to send video to Coaching on hear and ask for feedback on body position.

SO ANY THOUGHTS ON STANDARD SETTINGS WOULD BE APPRECIATED

• Administrators

@101driver

get everything set to bone stock on the new setup and then don't be surprised if the first ride or three feels bizarre. you're going to have to reacclimate to a completely different setup. I guess my real point is don't be discouraged if you don't immediately. feel awesome. once you get through the transition I expect you're going to be very happy you made the change.

• Baller

@Horton Thank you I appreciate your advice. I have agonised over this decision but feel I need to break the cycle and fix two variables, 1) stop skiing in 20-30 mph winds,2) ski on a stock set up, I am resigned to it probably feeling weird, probably worse, so you saying to expect that actually helps. I certainly have not bought this ski with any expectation of greatness, rather out of frustration/desperation to re-start working on my body position and technique again.

Plan: 1) set to std. 2) just do drills and light course skiing and get used to it. 3) start to try and practice good technique 4) when consistent whether consistently bad or good seek advice on BOSC about my body position primarily. 5) practice good technique for a bit

Thank you again @Hortonfor good advice,your comments are very relevant and important setting of expectation and what to do. I will send you a video to assses in BOSC when I get to 4)