Doug Moss

• Baller_
Posted (edited)

Just got news our waterski friend Doug moss was in a terrible motorcycle accident yesterday. killing his wife and leaving him in critical condition.

Our hearts and prayers go out to the Doug Moss family and close friends. 

Edited by Jody_Seal
  • DIslike 1

• Baller

Sorry to hear that. Not that I know him but the fact of the matter is bikes are dangerous. Yes you can get injured or hurt doing anything but if you're going to get on a bike you have got to be well aware of the risks. I just don't know if it's worth it anymore. It's one more reason to sell mine. Again - sorry to hear that.

• Like 1

• Baller

I am so sorry, Doug. I’ve talked to him over the phone a numbers times the past couple of years seeking advice on a repower for my 196. He is so kind and knowledgeable. I believe he is a retired sheriff?! Just a good man. Praying for you, Doug! 

• Like 4

• Baller

So sorry to hear. Prayers for a quick recovery from his injuries, and strength for the family as they deal with  their loss. Doug did the PP to ZO conversion on my '03 196 with the previous owner. I thankful for Doug's skills everytime I use my boat.

• Baller

I received some information from Doug and Joani’s daughter a bit ago.  She said ok to share with his ski family.  

Most here know Doug as he’s been very active in skiing, ski/equipment rep,  and boat repair for more than a couple decades in the west.  As we’re thinking of him and praying for his recovery please don’t lose site of Joani and their Daughter Kaitlyn, who is heartbroken at the loss of her mother while at the same time dealing with the seriousness of Doug’s injuries.

The word on Doug from his daughter Kaitlyn earlier this evening:

“Hi Barry, 

I know you have been waiting for updates. I’m sorry… 
He is still in the recovery room after surgery. He went in at 8am. 

He has numerous spinal fractures, a tear in the dura of his spinal column and exposure of spinal nerves, head laceration, rib fractures, all ligaments around left knee torn, broken ankle and toe on left leg, 5 big lacerations inside his left leg that were cleaned up and sutured today, right kidney bleed, right forearm fracture and massive lacerations throughout left hand.

He will be in a neck brace for 3 months at least to stabilize one of the fractures in his cervical neck. 

The one in the lumbar area in his spine is the most worrisome
And way worse than the neurosurgeon anticipated. “

Time will tell on mobility and movement.

Multi-faceted recovery in store for Doug and his family.  

Barry Young

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4