ANYONE SHIP A BOAT

bananaron

• Baller

Hey ballers who has shipped a boat recently.I have never used one however I might need one.What were your costs and who were the shippers.Any info would be very much appreciated.....THANKS

• Baller

I’ve used uship before as well.  Ward of advice, do not go with the lowest bidder.  my shipment was a little strange in that the engine was in a crate in the truck bed with the hull behind, let’s just say that if I had to do it over again, pay 500 extra bucks for a reputable service.

• Baller

I had a boat shipped from So Carolina to idaho.  Was about 3,500.  They towed the boat rather than putting it on a  trailer. FYI, hauling in a trailer was much more $$$. 

• Baller

I used uShip last year for a boat transport from the Atlanta, GA area to northern IL. I was originally going to meet the owner in Nashville, but decided to just see what shipping costs were. I ended up getting a $550 bid which quickly changed my mind to not make the trip. That transporter said he had an empty hitch on his way back from FL to Chicago and would cut me a deal as I was only 2 hours west of the Chicago area. That pissed off the other bidders, so he pulled his bid and reset the price to over $1,000. All the other bids were at least $1,000.  Another bidder later bid $550 with an empty hitch also going to Chicago from FL if I could move the transport date up one day.  I ended up using that shipper and all ended up well. There were some tense hours on my end, as the transporter didn’t communicate well, and the advertised tracking of my shipment didn’t work until the boat was 2.5 hours from my house. I basically got notification it was picked up on a Friday at noon, then Saturday at 9:30 he said ETA was in about 2.5 hours. I’m pretty sure that’s what people mean when they tell you not to accept the lowest bid. 

• Baller

I used Uship for a boat from Chicago area to north Idaho.  About $3500, picked up on time and delivered 2.5 days later.  Very satisfied.  Always ask for a Certificate of Insurance with you named as “ additionally insured”.  The reputable guys will do this.

• Baller
On 6/14/2024 at 8:30 AM, LeonL said:

Prices seem to vary widely. 

They certainly do, at least with UShip.  With UShip you put the job out for bids.  I had bids up to $5000 for the above noted Central FL to Western CO haul, but after reading the driver reviews for the many bidders who responded, I felt confident choosing the driver with the  lowest bid of $1720.  I could not have been more pleased.