FIRST SKI RUN 2021 NAUTIQUE 200 OB

bananaron

• Baller

I just skied a friends new to him 2021 Nautique 200 open bow with the 6liter zr4 engine.Not sure about the wake as I have had many boats and I am not sure I would rate this at the top of the list.I skied at 38off at 34mph and I think I PREFER THE 196 or my Gekko GTR as far as the wake.The pull was strong and I am sure I have to ski it more however I think my first impression on this new of a boat was not great as far as the wake goes.Will have to ski it more at different line lengths.Beautiful boat and certainly nice to drive..........

• Like 1

• Baller

Why 38off? You’re free skiing right? 32 or 28 off would have been more fun and easier to ski a wider path..

ohh is that you the guy from Facebook with the duct taped wood ski running-38 at 38? 😂😂

sorry for that! 😊😊

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Baller

Not sure how I would feel if I bought a new boat, invited a friend over to ski it and he told the world the next day that his "first impression on this new of a boat was not great as far as the wake goes."

Sometimes I think we just nitpick the hell out of things in this sport. Just enjoy the pull and the generosity behind it!

• Like 6

• Baller

@Zman you are right. these boats are tried and proven over 10 years. The 200 has a better wake at 38 than the 196. There is a small trough at 38 and shorter. That was one of the fixes in the new ski nautique.  
And yes I do get into 38 and 39 in an actual slalom course. I would love to hear his detailed review.  

• Like 2

• Baller

@Drago@skialex I like to ski open water usually at 34 to 36mph on a shortline rope.I like the speed and its not any more fun at a different line length.@dave2ball @jhughes I guess I think my opinion is not BS its my opinion based on my experiences of various boats.I have owned and skied more boats then most people and was simply comparing the 200 wake to the other boats.I think and correct me if I am wrong the 200 going 34mph in a course or just in open water with the same water conditions and a skier at 38 off will display the same wake.Just my opinion and I did state it was a greatpull and certainly a beautiful boat. @jcamp The owner even stated that he liked his 196 better and we are good friends and ski partners for many yrs. I did not offend him and totally enjoy every minute on the lake as I am probably one of the oldest ballers on the site and soon coming to the end of enjoying this sport. 

• Like 5

• Baller

I regularly ski behind my 196, a 2023 Ski Nautique and in the recent past, a 2022 6.0 Nautique 200.  While the pull may feel slightly different from boat to boat, from 32 off thru 38 off @ 34 mph, the wakes on any of the aforementioned boats is not even worth consideration.  They all seem pretty darn good to me.  Perhaps free skiing, one may not be as much on edge as one skiing 38 off in a course and really in good ski position (as one must be to run 38).  Any 38 off skier would be happy with the wakes behind any of these boats.

• Like 3

• Baller

Man, the guy is entitled to free ski at whatever length and speed he wants to and is entitled to his opinions.  The free-ski haters are sure quick to judge.  

Also, more and more, I question generalizations about boat models, when in fact set up, weight distribution, and things like hydrogate settings and adjustments are critical, and when even one-off hull defects are not impossible.  Anyone here think it's impossible that the boat was in jump/trick mode on the hydrogate?  

• Like 3

• Baller_

There’s a wake at 38 off? That’s news to me. I suppose if you define a wake as “disturbed water,” there’s a wake. If you define wake as the two waves trailing a boat as it travels through water,” there is no wake at -38/34.2 mph behind any of the ski boats. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Lpskier

• Baller

@bananaron a boats wake does not change. In a course or open water it is the same. What does change is the skier. A skier in the course will keep his ski on edge through the wakes at any rope length. An open water skier will not. They think they do but if you cam feel a wake or a hard spot when you cross that means the ski is flat through the wakes.  Also when open water skiing you really don’t have any reference point to let the ski ride out or when to turn making 38 feel hard behind the boat because you are most likely not free of the boat. FYI every boat has a better the average wake at 38 off and shorter to be more precise 32 off and shorter 

Edited by dave2ball
  • Like 2