Do you want Freddie at the Masters?

skialex

Do you want Freddie at the Masters?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to see Freddie competing at the Masters?

• Yes, he was wronged and shouldn’t be banned
    • Yes, right or wrong, Masters won’t be the same without him
    • Yes, he was out of line and rightfully banned, but Nautique should let him compete
    • No, his behavior was out of line no mater if he was judged poorly
    • No, given score was right and he was rightfully banned for his behavior

• Baller

According to their own site, IWWF has 3 “Sponsors/Partners”: Correct Craft, Nautique, and Centurion”. I think we all know that’s 1 company. They are not about to burn that bridge. Is that undue influence? Excluding him from non-masters events (LCQs) sure looks like it. The sad fact that is apparently evident there is, CC does more for the sport than the others seem to. 
It’s been said before, the masters and nautique can do what they want at their own event, but the 3 others? I don’t get that. 
I wonder if that “partnership” may keep any pro from saying anything negative about nautique due to a real fear of retribution by IWWF

Edited by aupatking
  • Like 5

• Baller

@aupatking good point. Just wondering as mentioned in an earlier post if it was just Nautique doing the ban, why was Freddie allowed to ski Moomba?  That too is a Nautique correct craft event also with iwff involvement.   There is so much information that we the skiers don’t know and most likely will never be know. This whole thread is all speculation of what happened. 

• Like 1

• Baller

Is there something hidden in the Masters event rules (or IWWF for that matter) which states that if you are DQ’d from a specific event you are automatically barred / unable to compete the following year?

If not it appears that the event organisers or officials (either the individuals involved in the incident last year or Nautique themselves) are just making a point to FW and the skiing world, which kinda stinks. 

• Like 1

• Baller

Nautique, as the Masters Organiser, should provide a clear explanation on the reasons which have lead to the disqualification. Lack of a clear statement casts shadows, which is detrimental for both the sport and the Masters. Their interference on the LCQs is completely unjustified and lacks any basis.

That said where is the IWWF in all of this? Shouldn’t they at least investigate the issue?  

• Like 5

• Baller

Bob Marley’s video take on the subject is hysterical as always.  

lots of speculation back and forth but I don’t think it’s a MC v Nautique debate.  (Nate is no longer a Nautique sponsored athlete as someone alluded to.  Nor is Nautique a public company as someone else stated).   If neither side is talking we probably shouldn’t either but I love the passion of this group for the sport!  Freddie will be missed this year but gonna enjoy watching the other great athletes compete.  Happy Memorial Day to all!  

• Like 2