HO Works 02

skinutny

• Elite Skier
On 12/26/2023 at 2:18 PM, MickeyThompson said:

@RobHazelwood What size Works  02 would you recommend for a 32 mph skier 5’9” 155# running deep into -32?

Hey, sorry I missed this one and assuming you got something figured already but I would start out with a medium 

1 hour ago, SCOT said:

How bout whisper fin settings?

I’ve had no experience personally with the whisper fin, from what I have seen people like the feel of it turning but then it doesn’t hold as well as a normal fin creating less bouys (usually). Slalom is about the path that creates the turn not a turn that creates a path so although it looks fun, I tend to find most people end up back of 5 hole stock fin. All testing on syndicate skis is done with the 5 hole stock fin and this would be the same for most ski brands! An argument could be made for certain levels preferring this fin and i am always a fan of being proven wrong so if you find some numbers please share and if you send a video over I’d be happy to try help out further! 

• Like 4

• Elite Skier
3 hours ago, Deanoski said:

@Rob. What setting would recommend for a 

-35 34mph skier 

Depending on size go for the 1/8th so

medium (66) 29 1/8

large (67) 29 5/8

I’ve found these settings to be very popular amongst plenty of different levels 

• Like 2

• Baller

I've been wanting to try the Works skis for quite some time, and finally had the chance to hop on a Works 02. I set the ski to the settings posted by Rob and took it for a spin. When I first got on the ski I felt too far back on it and ended up moving the bindings forward (from 30 1/8 to 30 1/4), but it felt slow so I decreased the wing angle from 9º to 8.5º. 

The ski felt slow compared to my Goode 9970, but the lines I was running were crazy early and it was almost mind blowing how the ski continued to climb into apex as you moved outbound into the buoy. I was skiing really well and running back to back 32s and ran 3@35 my third set on the ski (my best ever in practice is 4.5@35).

I had been on the ski for a week heading into regionals. After a week straight of rain and overcast conditions the water at Tri-Lakes (Bennett's) was significantly cooler than would be expected in June. After an hour of so rain delay, I warmed up again and took to the water. The ski felt amazing, super easy and some of the smoothest passes I've run all year. Unfortunately my depth perception was a bit off with the flat light and rushed to get going from 5 to 6 at -32 and ended up in the drink.

After some time back in Tennessee I felt like the tip wasn't engaging on my offside like I wanted to, so I moved the bindings back to 30 1/8 and the wing to 9º and the ski felt a bit free-er and the tip felt more engaged through the turn.

Can't wait to hear feedback from once the 2025 Works 01 and 02 get out into the wild, I would dare to see these are the best skis HO has put out since the A1/A2.

Currently running

Binding: 30.125"

Length: 6.845"

Depth: 2.485"

DFT: 0.750"

Wing: 9º

• Like 1

• Elite Skier
15 hours ago, Broussard said:

I've been wanting to try the Works skis for quite some time, and finally had the chance to hop on a Works 02. I set the ski to the settings posted by Rob and took it for a spin. When I first got on the ski I felt too far back on it and ended up moving the bindings forward (from 30 1/8 to 30 1/4), but it felt slow so I decreased the wing angle from 9º to 8.5º. 

The ski felt slow compared to my Goode 9970, but the lines I was running were crazy early and it was almost mind blowing how the ski continued to climb into apex as you moved outbound into the buoy. I was skiing really well and running back to back 32s and ran 3@35 my third set on the ski (my best ever in practice is 4.5@35).

I had been on the ski for a week heading into regionals. After a week straight of rain and overcast conditions the water at Tri-Lakes (Bennett's) was significantly cooler than would be expected in June. After an hour of so rain delay, I warmed up again and took to the water. The ski felt amazing, super easy and some of the smoothest passes I've run all year. Unfortunately my depth perception was a bit off with the flat light and rushed to get going from 5 to 6 at -32 and ended up in the drink.

After some time back in Tennessee I felt like the tip wasn't engaging on my offside like I wanted to, so I moved the bindings back to 30 1/8 and the wing to 9º and the ski felt a bit free-er and the tip felt more engaged through the turn.

Can't wait to hear feedback from once the 2025 Works 01 and 02 get out into the wild, I would dare to see these are the best skis HO has put out since the A1/A2.

Currently running

Binding: 30.125"

Length: 6.845"

Depth: 2.485"

DFT: 0.750"

Wing: 9º

Awesome to hear you loving it! Are you running the XL or the Large (67 or 68)?

• Elite Skier

Haha, that makes a lot more sense! Don’t be afraid to try further back if it got better for you, I was way back there.

2 hours ago, Deanoski said:

Your fb is at 30-1/8 on a medium?

should be 29-1/8. On the medium 

I’m in a med.  

fb 29-1/8

rb 17-1/8

9 wing 

Wow your pretty short, what sort of feels were you finding better when you went there? Did you try adding in some depth after going that short to try bring back surface are or you just like the smaller fin feel? No wrong answers just intrigued

• Baller

Skied with kLP. 3 weeks ago he was the one that told me to take out tip and leave depth the same

less tip made my off side turn smaller/ shorter  and made  the onside better   With these settings I have run more -35 than I have in years   

im 5-11. 175-180.  59 yrs old 

02 is an great ski.  Can’t wait to try the new one. Plus the graphics and pretty dang cool. Imo. 

• Like 1

• Elite Skier

When you have a legend like KLP it’s always worth a try! I ran those kind of numbers on a prototype end of last year but ended up never managing to try it on my main ski. And hey, if it works it works!