What is this SNOB really worth?

Ronny61

• Baller

Jasper appears to be a legit engine rebuilder so I would say it is priced on par with hulls of this vintage. As you probably know it is concidered one of the best slalom hulls Nautique has ever produced. I have not seen many of them in a open bow configuration so it might be a bit unusual but great for added room. IE: kids, etc

• Baller_

Rare boat. Not many made and not a lot out there used. Is to its OB..maybe out on the lake sitting still the little ones could hang out there to give the adults some room to stretch out but beyond that, not much use. 

• Baller

I can say having 2 OB 200’s, The open bow ski boats are a great idea for the family. But in reality there is very little freeboard ,limited seating per the coastguard I believe 150-200 lbs total. The are more settable  to submerge going over larger wakes the closed bow due to the extra weight from the seating and support structures not including whom  ever is sitting up there. 
They are great to sit and relax in the sun floating on the lake. MC hit a home run with the removable deck. If done right perfect place to nap out of the sun. 

Edited by dave2ball
  • Like 1

• Baller

As a SNOB owner I really like the size. Has  the same storage as the CB version and the wake is identical. The only draw back is the helm is closer to the engine cover, so it’s tighter for ski storage behind the driver. 
With a family the playpen is a great place for the cooler, snack bag, and other bag while out riding. once anchored it’s a fun spot to nap as others have stated. 
my .02 FWIW

• Like 3

• Baller

This is a nice boat. Personally, I think the CB skis a touch better. If you’re on public water and planning on anchoring, an open bow is much easier to deal with. I paid $21K for my 2000 Sunsetter LXI last year, but it was the boat I wanted and I have no regrets (a lot of reasons for this particular boat). Boats are worth whatever someone is willing to pay. 

• Like 1

• Baller

@6balls  

Yes indeed, my boat is a '97 SNOB.  I totally understand why it isn't popular around these parts, but out in the real world where people exist who aren't on private lakes all day every day, it becomes a very hot commodity and there aren't many out there.  

@ALPJr  

Yes indeed, the front playpen area comes down just far enough that ski tips can still get in there and slide under it, so I still get a full width of skis in there - something I wouldn't get with a walk through open bow.  

When I first got the boat, I kinda didn't like the step over open bow as opposed to the walk through.  After 10 years, I have really come to appreciate it for the benefits it offers.