Any ballers on Christina Lake in BC?

Dano

• Baller

Hi, my family is planning a camping trip to this area end of June early July.  Firstly I’m wondering if there are any suggestions for where best to camp with a 24’ travel trailer.  My kids are ages 11 and 8 so would be nice to be near the beach.   Secondly, I can’t pull my boat with me, so would be great to meet some local skiers, make some new friends and maybe get a pull.  I’ll pay of course.   Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

• Baller

@Dano I know some people that holiday at Christina Lk in BC every year. Gorgeous lake and scenery.  From my understanding, if planning to use a private campground is best to book early. For the public campgrounds I’m not sure if they take reservations, but do know they fill up quickly. 
The lake is very busy, occasionally someone sets up a portable course. For slalom skiing plan to be up and going early 6am to beat the surf rollers. On weekend even the surfers get an early start. 

I will ask about contacts for site possibilities. 

• Baller

https://www.schulliresort.com/

This is THE campground you want to stay at. Tell the owner Neil that Ken sent you.

The government sites are booked through the BCParks website. Park is named Gladstone

https://camping.bcparks.ca/

I launch my boat from Schulli's campground and there are severl others that do as well. We have a good group of summer residents who are dedicated daily skiers including a few retired Canadian pros. 

Yes the surf roller statement is very true so no evening skis any longer. True that portable courses pop up every now and then mainly at the south end where the campground is located. I have a course we can drop in during your stay as well as a course that is sunk during the busy summer months but if you really want to we can float one. Expect daily maintenance.

PM me if you like should you need more info.

Ken 

Edited by S1Pitts
  • Like 2