Preseason banter - How many skiers have you pulled at once behind your boat?

ScarletArrow

• Baller

All of them got up on two skis and then we had a chase boat picking up any that dropped. We tied six ropes to the center pylon and three apiece to each rear bow hook.

2002 MB Sports 190 with the legendary SB fuel injected Chevy.

Edited by 2Valve
  • Like 1

• Baller

Back in the late '70's there was a guy on our lake with a Checkmate I/O that rode by my house pulling 8 skiers. He blew the horn and waved. We accepted the challenge. We rode around the lake collecting people, skis and ropes. We didn't even know some of these folks. We'd ride up to a dock and ask if they had a pair of skis and a rope. If so, we'd draft them. We pulled up 13 people(all adults) behind a 1978 Mastercraft with 4 people in the boat. It was a struggle, but we all got up. The guy in the Checkmate stopped in the middle of the lake and just watched. He never came back to our lake again.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Baller

I’ve posted before but we had 8 up (tried 9) behind 150hp outboard. Mix of med-sized adults and a couple jr high kids. Yeah it was a long drag.

3 kids behind 20hp. Ages 7, 9, 10. 14’ tiller-steer MiroCraft. Hull prob weighed only 175#.  Did that for a couple summers before we got too big.  6 years my dad REALLY upgraded to a 13’ Whaler.

B65E7633-3C83-4CC1-A911-591E48A9CA03.jpeg

9BA27C33-42F5-49D2-840A-EFEB227E2F2B.jpeg

92AB0AE7-AF8C-45BB-932C-D6B2CF8D720D.jpeg

B750F6C4-7E02-451D-BEB2-BB7BABBCEC3E.jpeg

• Like 4

• Baller

This pull was with a 2015 MC Prostar with over 2,000 hours on it.

Last year we did it with a 2012 SN 200.

In both instances you need absolute full throttle. 

You can hear and feel the prop churn, and the pylon - let's just say, "oh my!"

We were less successful last year - re: about half the kids were on slalom skis and, of course, they were younger and not as experienced.

It's an operation, finding enough skis, ropes and handles and transporting it all through the mountains for this one ride.

• Baller

10 or 11, off the dock for ski club practice. I prefer to keep it to 8 or under due to wear and tear on the boat. Here are a couple examples. The partially built pyramid ended in a very big BOS a split second after the pic (no injuries). That's my fearless daughter on top in both.

20220820_103920.jpg

20220820_130845.jpg

• Like 1

• Baller

I have done 7 behind and 2 in before on my old 1997 SN. It was sure riding low heading out to the deeper water with 9 adults and skis on board! The hardest part is finding enough people and trying to keep the ropes untangled! 

IMG_0114.JPG

IMG_0136.JPG

Edited by BrennanKMN
  • Like 5