New Utah Ski Lake Breaking Ground!

Such_a_brett

• Baller

After jumping through a bunch of hoops and everyone imaginable taking their pound of flesh, the Willow Lakes Ski Community in Logan Utah is set to break ground within the next couple weeks as the snow finally melts off the property. 

https://willowlakesutah.com/features

Phase 1 & 2 lots are now taking reservations and will be permit ready by fall of this year. First 10 lots in each phase get introductory pricing and then we have to start raising prices. 

Amazing location, extensive amenities, boats provided, and affordable prices. Your choice of lakefront or riverfront property. I appreciate all the input we received from BoS members. Feel free to ask any questions you may have. And reach out if you want a chance to get some turns in once the lakes are full.

map.png

• Like 4

• Baller

@rockdog I went back and forth on the turn islands. In the end it came down to the fact that I had to shorten the lake slightly below the optimal length of 2100ft. The offset turn islands will provide more setup time and allow you and the boat to enter straight into the course without having to straighten out. Also, the left island has a bridge out to it where there are jacuzzi tubs, BBQ, observation decks, etc. It's a nice amenity given the layout of the community. The right island has a fountain that keeps the lake full and oxygenated. 

• Like 3

• Baller_

'as the snow finally melts' 😆 Brighton / Alta / Snowbird receive record snowfall this year and will probably be open through June at this rate and hit the 800" mark.  Snow and waterski in the same day!

@Such_a_brett - Nice, although I would alter the bridge structure at the turn island, make it like a walkover bridge at a race track, ie:  no obstruction in the water path.  Can one barefoot?  Do you plan on end lake stops to change rope length?  Can you tell me how much the cost would be to reserve and ski 200 sets / 100 days?  That would be my comparison to my current ski boat / set expense.  Do you have an average wind chart for the area?  Thx.

• Baller

Beautiful spot. My folks moved to Logan around '92 when my mom retired. Brother still lives there. Logan's in Cache Valley, not up in the mountains, so snow will be gone just a touch sooner than the Cottonwood resorts!

• Baller

Hey guys, just FYI... that bridge is just a place holder that the rendering company used for video production. Just a 3D model of a bridge that they had on file. The real one will be a stone bridge with a very large eliptical passage, higher off the water and no obstructions in the water. 

Sorry, I should've mentioned that. 

• Like 1

• Baller
6 hours ago, Interjon said:

Skiing Alta Friday - Sunday this week.  Beautiful area, obviously.  Wish we could have something like this in Alabama.  Best of luck to you!

Long ski season this year. Fortunately in the valley the snow is almost gone now. 

• Baller
9 hours ago, DW said:

'as the snow finally melts' 😆 Brighton / Alta / Snowbird receive record snowfall this year and will probably be open through June at this rate and hit the 800" mark.  Snow and waterski in the same day!

@Such_a_brett - Nice, although I would alter the bridge structure at the turn island, make it like a walkover bridge at a race track, ie:  no obstruction in the water path.  Can one barefoot?  Do you plan on end lake stops to change rope length?  Can you tell me how much the cost would be to reserve and ski 200 sets / 100 days?  That would be my comparison to my current ski boat / set expense.  Do you have an average wind chart for the area?  Thx.

I don't barefoot, but you can if you want. You can lookup wind charts on Wind Finder... Logan-Cache Airport. We don't get much wind here. I'm a kiteboarder when there is too much wind for boating, and it is relatively rare that I have enough wind locally for kiteboarding. We have to go up into Idaho Snake River Basin to find wind. Normally Logan weather gets hot in June and we typically have a stretch of about 90 days with hot dry sunny weather without much measurable rain. It's the 2nd driest state in the nation. If there is any wind, average wind speed is about 5-6mph. Most windy days are mid-winter here. 

Boats will be high end fully equipped Malibu and/or Nautique less than a few years old and then rotated for new. Lot owners can expect to pay a rate around $2.00 per minute if the driver is provided. That would be about $5200/year for 200 sets that run 13 minutes each.

That is just you scheduling your sets, driver picks you up and drops you off. Everything is covered; fuel, cleaning, maintenance, depreciation, driver, etc. If you are experienced and wanna get certified as a driver to drive your own group, it'll be closer to $1.50/minute. That would be about $3,900 for 200 sets at 13 minutes each.