Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

Best Buoys ?

34mph

• Baller

Wally's is what we use at No Wake lake. They last a long time, keep their color well and if inflated properly are (in my opinion) the safest if the ski hits the buoy. Ski will usually mush right thru preventing injury.  

Tom Smothers (oldmanskier)

• Like 2

• Baller

@34mphDefinitely +1 for Wally's, but as noted they are pricier. As you noted you're on a public lake you should consider if there's risk of the course getting damaged by fools and fisherman etc that would be having you replace a lot of buoys. If that's the case I'd rather be replacing inexpensive buoys. You know your water. Again as far as high quality yes Wally's are the best     

Edited by MDB1056

• Baller

Don't get me wrong here. We use Overtons on our public lake course for price and because the loop is solid and won't pull out. Polyforms have a hollow air loop which pulls out too easily for our situation. Neither hold their color that well here in Florida. I asked last year in a thread about Radar bouys. They claim they hold color well, but appear to have hollow loops. Can anyone confirm they are solid or do not pull  out easily?

• Baller

We use the Overtons balls on our public lake course for the same reason, solid loops that seem to be more durable. The RADAR ones that I saw were hallow loops. We've painted the tops of some of the badly faded ones with plastic paint and it seems to work.

• Baller

We get buoys cut constantly on our public water course so cheap is the way we go. Overtons or polyform or whatever we find cheap. They aren’t going to last out there anyway. Foam bullet buoys for boat guides. You wouldn’t believe the prop cuts we find in those things. But hey, they’re still floating. 

• Baller

We got a full set of Wally Buoys to re-equip a ski course, because of the enthusiasm shown by waterskiers.  They are no better than Overtons but perhaps if you have high UV exposure, they may stay orange longer.  They do not resist getting algae or other marine growth and therefore, they change like any ski buoy.  Not my favorite shipping situation either.  Kind of max price to ship you any buoys.