Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

Radar HRT size?

Ski_Dad

• Baller

I'm size 11 in a running shoe.  I am in the standard HRT.  I get up both feet in so the snug fit didn't bother me.  It does loosen up a bit with use.  if my memory is right it really didn't take long for it to loosen up,  and it's fit like glove ever since.

• Baller_

I'm 10.5 US shoe, sorta wide toes but narrow heel. I kick in after getting up, and the Standard HRT is fine for me.

I also replaced the string with a bungee cord from a T-Factor boot, I figured it gives it a little stretch to make it easier to kick in while still keeping it tight once I'm in.

Also note that you may have to cut some of the front off if you want to position the HRT close to your front boot - the foot pad extends farther than it needs to.

• Like 1

• Baller_

@Zmannope, never had that issue. If you're coming from double-boots, I imagine it will be an adjustment, as you can lift your heel, but your foot doesn't come "out of the boot," because the front of your foot is still held snuggly, so you just put your heel back down and your back to normal (same as would happen with a regular RTP if lifting your heel).

I've never done double-boots but came from RTP, and it was an adjustment but not much, I felt fine after a couple sets.

• Baller

I wear a 12.5 shoe and recently converted from double boots to the HRT.  I tried the xl but it was too loose coming from a double boot. I squeeze into a standard as it feels tight and more secure like having my old boot on. I had to soak it in hot water with a can of wd40 in the HRT to get it to stretch a little.

• Baller

11.5 relatively narrow foot.

I use the standard HRT and keep it where I step off the dock into the water and then can hook into the HRT with one finger.  I cannot really kick into it when up atleast not quickly enough skiing the course to feel OK getting in before the pull out.

• Baller

@Ski_Dad I'm a size 10 that is wide across the ball of my foot and narrow at the heel. End of last season I got a std HRT with boa tightner and found it tight across the ball of my foot. I need to work the foot in and when I tighten the boa it seems to tighten at the ball of my foot first. Thinking it will break in with more use, Canadian so I only got a few sets in.

@coach3 I went from double boot vapor and vector set up, to an adjustable toe plate to a HRT. For each set-up I would get up with 2 feet in. Felt I get more weight forward with the toe plate and HRT which was the goal of the change. I like the heel stability with the HRT