S- Lines unboxing

Horton

• Baller

@Horton did the FedEx driver suddenly find your new place after searching for months?  You have had more un-boxings this week than anytime that I can remember!

Excited to try the new X Series this spring, I also trained with the S-Line Comp (Gray mid stretch) all last season but have my best tournament scores using the R3 Line.

• Like 3

• Baller

I got the comp series for my little ski day “event” I did last weekend. I love it. The quality is top notch. Even came with the stretch testing results, all within very close to exact test numbers all well within tolerance. Great product and I’ll buy again. I sent the link and my ski partner just ordered one for himself.

• Like 1

• Baller

Just ordered a new X Series couple days ago! I dislocated my shoulder a couple weeks ago snow skiing when my binding blew out, so not sure when I'll get to try it out though. Definitely not healing as quickly at 55 compared to my mid 20s, which is the last time I dislocated it waterskiing.

• Baller

I would also be interested in any comparison between the X Series vs the Comp.  I've been using the Comp for a year or so, and will be getting a new line.  I love the one I've been using, and just not sure how the two might be different.

• Baller

I skied on the comp for a few months and switched to the X-Series.  I ski more consistent on the X-series. I ski at 34 and into 38 off.  I also weigh 180.  The X-Series picks me up faster off the ball and my 59 year old elbows have not been an issue with the stiffer rope which I was concerned about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Baller

8 sets on an X Series now after most the season on Comp, with some R3 sprinkled in here and there. Apparently I like buying ropes. Anyways..  

This is, of course, my personal opinion and I may be way off.. maybe @Sedge can validate or debunk what I’m feeling. 

X is certainly stiffer than Comp, maybe as stiff or stiffer than R3. However, I feel that it has some give to it (like the Comp) until it hits its wall and becomes stiff like the R3. Then it’s super firm, and will support whatever you ask of it.  

Put another way, the X has some give to it as you finish the turn and begin the load, but as you approach the wakes it feels super solid.. 100% connected the boat. No springy feeling behind the boat, which is great.  

S-Lines says this rope has good rebound off the second wake, and I get that now. When you change edges, the rope almost seems to recoil, giving you a little extra swing up and out, then stays soft until the turn is done and you’re back in the work zone.  It’s an elbow and shoulder saver without skiing a rope that feels soft all the time.  

I bought one after a recent tournament that used the X series exclusively. Didn’t think about the rope one bit even on the first pass, and that’s what sold me on it. No worry about needing to feel it out and there were no surprises. 

Your mileage may vary but this will be my go-to rope for a while. 

• Like 3

• Baller

My x series has been my favourite rope.  It just feels good right out of the box.  I’ve got a full season on it and it still feels and looks great.  My slines handle is fantastic too.  Customer service at Slines is top notch as well.  I know where my next rope and handle is coming from already.

Syndicates ropes and handles are a good quality at a value price.  If you like black ropes with little stretch they are a great option.   

ML’s  price point is beyond what I’m willing to pay.  Can’t  complain about their quality though.