LOW ROLLER SNOWBOARD HARDSIDE BAG - unboxing

Horton

• Baller

I bought one after seeing a few skiers with them at a Florida tournament last fall. They all said they really liked them. I haven’t had the chance to travel yet with mine. The two advantages I see of this DaKine bag? It’s not going to come down the carousel in two pieces like a Sports Tube, if TSA doesn’t put the pins back in, and it should provide better protection than a soft bag. 

I also scored a 20% discount from a retailer during a pre-Christmas sale. 

• Baller_
1 hour ago, Horton said:

this is a 67 and a 68. The 68 is a tight squeeze. I don't know if you could get a 69 in there comfortably.

PXL_20230317_163206022.jpg

how much padding is on the end? one hard TSA drop and your nose/tail are taking a beating, or at least thats what I see in this phone is it just slid in, or is it stretched?

• Like 1

Performance Ski and Surf 

Mike@perfski.com

👾

• Baller

This one is considered  a snowboard case. DaKine makes a 190 cm (almost 75” L), identical version, called the “Fall Line Ski Roller Hardside Bag”. Same price as the shorter snowboard version. Yes, it would take a large vehicle to transport inside, but these cases have built-in recessed handles that can be used to secure to roof rack crossbars.

• Baller
21 hours ago, kc said:

This one is considered  a snowboard case. DaKine makes a 190 cm (almost 75” L), identical version, called the “Fall Line Ski Roller Hardside Bag”. Same price as the shorter snowboard version. Yes, it would take a large vehicle to transport inside, but these cases have built-in recessed handles that can be used to secure to roof rack crossbars.

I have the 190cm dakine roller bag (soft sided) I use for alpine ski travels

It fits no problem in a Toyota Carolla with the back seat down.

• Like 1