Fate?

Cam

• Baller

I’m 71 and tricking as well or better than when I was younger. I remember my orthopedist laughing when he came into the exam room and saw me for the first time.  “Here’s an old guy that thinks he’s a teenager,” he said. Exactly the point. 

• Like 4

• Baller
1 hour ago, BKistler said:

By the way…do the ibuprofen or the whiskey but don’t combine them. That will make you old before your time. 

Too late on that advice but everything in moderation and overdose at the first symptoms has worked so far😁

• Baller

Skiing saved my buddy's life.
He is in his early 60's, and is skiing as good as ever, getting into 35off, 34mph. 
However, last summer he got distracted by someone on the beach and took a nasty fall (rare occurrence for him).  He was pissing blood and went to see the doctor.  They found a football sized tumor in his kidney and ended up removing that kidney.  Doctor said he wouldn't have lasted another year if it hadn't been discovered.

• Like 3

• Baller_

There is nothing wrong with staying in the game, but the older we get, the more important it is to maintain a reasonable level of fitness relative to how hard you ski.  Not only will fitness help you avoid injury, it may help avoid a heart attack.  

If you ski with a bunch of old guys, and I am an old guy, at least two of you should have CPR training, just in case.  A friend of mine had to be resuscitated in the water and on the platform this past summer. If his ski partner didn’t know CPR, my buddy would have been a goner. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Lpskier

• Baller

By all means don't stop. Great advice above  - as that WILL make you get old. Put in some good ear buds or headphones and yes crank up Def Leppard  Rock of Ages . The 1988 Denver live show rendition is incredible. If this does crank you up maybe it is too late...........  

Edited by MDB1056