23 KD Titanium

The_MS

• Baller_

I just got my new 66 KD Titanium and thought I would let people know how its rides  

water and air 75f 

28 7/8 boot, 2.465, .790, 6.870 with 9 wing

I started at -32 and after 2 ball It was great. I ran 2 more nice -32 and went to 35 and ran 3 in a row. The ski felt like it was behind me a bit so I moved the fin forward for second set. Much better at .795 

I feel right at home on the ski coming from my 67 XTR cc. Plan to try another set of numbers on next set  

The ski is a bit different from my 17 Platinum but has that same stable ride. I can tell this ski is a keeper and look forward to the next few weeks 

Kdskisusa.com

Watch the sizing and ask questions if you are on the 66/67 bubble  

• Like 2

• Baller_

Hi Chris, I think it is still the same design as 22 but just a graphic change. A 65 is probably the better size. I am 175 on the 66  and it is the same length as my 67 XTR. You can send it back for 66 under the demo program 

• Baller

If only skiing 32 I'd stick with the longer length. 65 seems short. Ski the longest length you can comfortably turn.  At slower speeds you will need more ski to get the same performance . My 2 cents 

Edited by MDB1056

• Baller_

@bananaronI wont ski if water is colder then 60.  As long as sun is out and over 65 I will ski. Its been a great winter with lots of skiing. 
@coach3I was on the Strada back then. I have tried every Vapor since the Green one but just cant slow them down. I rode the 22 last fall for 5-6 sets.  To me the KD is plenty fast but the acceleration after handle hook up and the pre turn control is more suited to my style.  

• Baller_

@bananaronIn the past 2 years I have pretty much tried them all. Nothing took me off of the XTR CC. I did try another Platinum last spring but it was not like my original Platinum. This ski is a control ski. Skis better when your not pushing it around. Nice symmetrical turns if you dont pull past the pull zone.  You are never going too fast or too slow.  I will know more about 38/39 as soon as it gets warm again, 35 is looking pretty good now. 

• Like 1

• Baller_

Water back in high 70s  I have run a bevy of numbers on the fin and ended up at 

.795     2.466    6.872  9 wing    29 from the tail 

At 173 ish the 66 is my size  

Fun fun fun ski to ride and I think if most skiers get it close to stock, they will really like the ride l

If you are in the market for a ski, you need to put it on the list  

• Administrators
7 hours ago, jnan66 said:

I`m 180-185 Ibs and ski 55k 22-35 off. What size would you Platinum/Titanium skiers recommend for me?

@jnan66

you could go 66 or 67. the 67 would be the safer guess. I've skied very well on both.

• Like 1

Goode ★ KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki ★ Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Administrators

@jnan66 I forget the actual technical differences. It is dimensionally 99% ( +/- )  the same shape. I have skied both the Platinum and the Titanium. If I were you I would get the a new one.

Goode ★ KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki ★ Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

I just picked up a 66 titanium.  Very different from the vapor!   1 set on it, going to try @ms your Numbers.   I tried long and shallow which definitely is no Bueno, way too much tip bite.

Can't get bindings further fwd than 29 1/16 witth my radar plate, not sure if that will be an issue...

• Baller
1 hour ago, The_MS said:

I will try .775 range tonite. 
@killer may be able to move the boot on the plate so you can free up some space 

Not on this plate unfortunately. New radar carbon plate for the reflex release.  

• Baller
3 hours ago, Horton said:

@Killer disregard my previous message. now deleted. 29 1/8 is correct for 66?

3 hours ago, Horton said:

@killer I happen to ask someone who has run into 41 on this ski a lot. they said

29 1/8

Gracias amigo!

Ya I'm at 29 1/16. Not likely making much difference with the extra 1/16..  not that is notice.  More smear would be good, less tip bite.

I'll try this setup next set!  I was probably dumb to try the long and shallow but that's where I was with my vapor while most seem to like short and deep on it too.  Ive told lots of skiers not to just carryover settings from ski to ski but to try factory first but didn't heed my own advice!

• Baller
On 7/22/2023 at 11:20 AM, Horton said:

@killer I happen to ask someone who has run into 41 on this ski a lot. they said

29 1/8

This worked!    Will continue playing with this as the baseline but feel good first set!   

@The_MS like you said holy Offside on this ski, hold on!

• Like 2

• Baller

@The_MS Thanks for the offer.You have a beautiful place and if I were not so old I would of bought your neighbors place.Just had surgery on my right thumb and in a cast for a month and weeks of rehab.Also threw my back out and lost 3 1/2 wks of late summer MN skiing.I think my back injury was caused by the fall I took from that wake/surf boat. Its tough being 75 and having the parts wear out.Kee.p skiing you folks are in a great place......

• Thanks 1

• Baller_

I ski on a 66" Titanium.   Using one of the preset holes on the front T-Factor plate, the boot measurement is 29" to the rubber on the heel.   How much difference might be caused when measuring to some of the release boots ?    

• Baller_

@The_MS  I believe you made a comment somewhere about putting a small washer under the center screw on one side of the fin block.  I understood that would slightly reduce the fin area on that side but not the other.   I don't recall if you said that helped your on-side or your off-side.

IF you are RFF which side did put the washer ?

Thanks

• Baller_
42 minutes ago, The_MS said:

@swbca I never tried the washer under the block thing. It may have been one if the @adams. Cord/Caldwell. Do you have off side issues with the Titanium? 

My only problem with the Titanium or most other skis is me. The washer is something I have never tried to see if it would help on either side.  I just found it was MISkier's post where I saw this detail first.  Always up for testing an idea ?   Thanks

• Thanks 1