Moomba Masters International Invitational March 9th – 13th 2023

Horton

• Baller_

look at it this way. normally they would be into the second day by now and all the bugs were worked out. they dropped a day in the schedule so opening day bugs are prevalent. tomorrow should go with no hiccups 😒 😑 🙄 😐 lol!!

• Administrators

Holy Crap boys slalom round 1 was interesting. 

Nicolas Nelson really impressed me.  I know he has a Jr World title but I have never watched him before.  Kid is good.

In other news, Charlie Ross got thrown off super early. 

Goode  KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki ★ Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

@ral I agree.  However the more frustrating part is that the live stream isn't you-tube so you can't "forward arrow" to easily fast forward between passes.  Hurts even more because the the sit times are longer than normal on the Yarra.

• Like 1

• Baller

Great set from Pigozzi and one of the first time i see Nate overturn onside at 2 ball.

Sure looks special skiing the Yarra,boat is always bouncing at pre gate on the bridge side and there's some mysterious water movement sometimes...

• Baller

I just wish they'd stick with the boat camera.  Each pass switches back and forth 2-3 times between boat and shore cameras.  Maybe use the shore video for the replay?  Other than that I don't mind the webcast, sure miss TWBC though!

• Like 5

• Baller_

Who thought it would be good for Ski Nautique and other advertisers to give their ads more air time than the tournament, even playing ads over the skier interviews and replays. 

Edited by swbca
  • Like 4

• Baller

Agreed. The Moomba hosting organization hopefully is getting some candid feedback on their broadcast, although there’s a good chance they may not be as if they had in the past we probably wouldn’t be seeing what we are today.  As the comments of this thread validate, as presently produced it’s clearly sub par. Is it better than nothing? Ok sure……

• Like 1

• Baller

I am glad to be able to follow an event that is on the other side of the world. They keep stating that Moomba is the largest and most prestigious event in the world. However this webcast makes me want to turn it off! Commercials right up until the skier is pulling out for the gates. They are interviewing athletes right after they have finished skiing and they either play commercials or have a camera angle that is behind the interviewer. Something will have to change in order for me to want to tune in again for this event. I agree that we are spoiled with TWBC, they certainly have done an excellent job at presenting our sport exceptionally well. Thank you TWBC

• Like 2

• Baller

Everything just keeps buffering and buffering and buffering.  Then the volume is low, then really loud after silence for a while.  It is very frustrating.  I'm trying my best to be patient.  I can't figure out how to go back and watch all the women that I missed because it keeps freezing up.  

• Like 1

• Baller

With regards to the Jobs lifejackets. I suspect it's a requirement on the docks as I noticed Drew Ross and Charlie both wearing them as Neilly was preparing for her run.

Odd some others in the photo were not wearing any.

• Like 1

• Baller

He's still the best skier in the world and probably the best slalom skier ever. Amazing win.

Navigating the website for live scoring and then the webcast. It's like it was from a second world country or a high school IT team. Laughable.  So grateful for what we have in the US for waterskiresults.com, TWBC and others supporting the sport. 

• Like 4

• Baller_

Shout out to Dodd! 220'  on the yarra! again, the guys that have jumped 220 plus on the yarra are few.

Dorian taking the $10G home a Moomba trick title.. solid trick sking by the top women for sure it was a shoot out in the final..

Seen deeper Elite fields in the past but then again 3rd place pretty thin odds on the risk vs reward, If ya know what i mean..

Shout out to Robert Wing as well as Jarred and the crew.

i do miss the ABC day's when they put a Live TV camera on top of the tallest building in Melbourne that just happened to line up with slalom course clean clear shot of the action!

• Like 1

• Baller

@Horton Couch as constructive feedback, especially since coming from you/BOS as the largest forum for skiing on the web it should well be viewed as credible.  You already wrote the platform -  being that of grateful, but wanting to be honest about viewer comments etc. Go be our ambassador.....       

If nobody tells them it's bad ...... we'll all be complaining about the same next year . Might anyway but they should at least be made aware from the viewing audience that it was not received well. How to get them to sub to TWBC?. 

Edited by MDB1056
  • Like 1