What ski are you curious about?

Horton

• Baller_

Not imprssed with 32 mph slalom skiing and with the idea that going slower requires a longer fatter ski. wakes at 30-32 mph are substantially bigger then 34/36 mph.. today's modern ski boats are heavier boats and make bigger holes the slower they go..

my contention is length of ski along with a more narrow full profile benifits slower speed with wake impact lessened in slalom. 

ski on left is a late 90's pretty much off the rack Mapple.. Ski on Right is not off the shelf but hand laid with carbon. both measure out 68.5" . had these rat holed away for 17 years.going to experiment with the carbon ski.

20230525_131454.jpg

• Baller

My Syndicate Works 01 arrived yesterday.  Will get binders mounted up and report back.  Coming off of a 67 Omega.  I weigh 183 lbs. ski at 34 mph.  Old guy at 67.  Ran 5 @38 yesterday at Swiss, so maybe the Works 01 will get me through the pass.  (do I qualify as a "prehistory skier" @Horton? ) 

• Like 1

• Baller

First ride on the new Syndicate Works 01.  All the hype is true.  This is an amazing ski.

The ski is on all factory settings and credit to Syndicate quality control as the ski arrived with perfectly 

set fin.  Binders on at 30 inches.   (Ski at 34 mph)

Off the dock at Swiss and coming around for the first pass, I thought the boots were way too far forward based on where the water was breaking.  Went through the gates at 28 off and going into 1 ball kind of lost the plot and just free skied down the lake.  Second pass, ran 28 just checking out the ski.  Then 3 x 32 off.  With each pass, gained more confidence, but must admit the ski has a feel much different than my Omega....in VERY good ways.  With each pass increasingly gained confidence.  This ski turns quicker than any ski I have ridden while not losing speed.  Offside turn is predictable, solid and quick while the on-side is phenomenal.  Ran 35 first try.  Missed 6 ball on the second 35.  Actually, think I was over-working behind the boat inhibiting the skis performance.  Last pass, put it on 38 off, ran 5 but ran out of gas going to 6 ball.  The feel of the ski is there is tip pressure, but the ski does not slow, dig in or pitch you forward: it just maintains speed and outbound direction, then a ultra quick turn at apex.  It establishes great angle out of the turns and holds cross-course angle.

Summary:  Ultra solid, lightening quick turns. Maintains speed through the turns and holds angle into the next buoy. The shorter the rope, the better the ski feels.  Thanks to Syndicate and all the team skiers for their hard work in developing this ski.  The Works 01 is one heck of a ski.

• Like 1