2014 CC 200 engine upgrade project

RichardDoane

• Baller_

Clearance for the front belt cover would adversely affect it, so in this application it can’t be used. The original power train didn’t have one anyway, so not a big deal. As always, care must be exercised when running the engine with the box or lid not in place. Rotating belts/pulleys are dangerous things. 

A1271BD3-30F2-4514-BFD9-680E2C09D849.jpeg

F09849E9-F592-4B36-9B19-6E914F679DB9.jpeg

• Like 1

• Baller

Personally I prefer to not have a cover over the belt and pulleys . A standard step each day before running is a visual inspection under the box, which should include your belt(s) . Can’t see anything with that plastic cover on . Owner should be fine with it I’d expect. 

• Like 2

• Baller_

as an old school boat engine guy, I hooked up the heater hoses the old fashion way, hot from an exhaust manifold fitting, and returned it into the raw water intake.  with the 6.0 engine all i would have had to do is take off the u-shaped hose at the left front lower, and use those fittings for to/from the heater core.  

• Baller_

probably a dumb question, you did make sure and tell them that your utilizing the console display mount set up when you asked for a file? side mount i think they call it.. like said probably a dumb question,

accelerometers care how they are oriented.

Just wandered through the shop after a few days away and one of those new 6.0's wrapped in a nest of plastic just manifested it's self on my shop floor....... Back to work.

• Like 6

• Baller
16 hours ago, RichardDoane said:

Seemed like there was a lot of water in the bilge. Now I know why. Those were a new hose kit from Heatercraft. I guess they just don’t make things like they used to. 

3B454054-B130-469E-AD96-A08B54D515C4.jpeg

@RichardDoaneI changed out the hoses c/w mixer last fall with new ones and they did exactly the same thing! All 3 leaked! I put back on the original 1997 hoses and leaks are gone. 

Next time I venture down to Spokane I am swinging in to return them personally.

• Like 3

• Baller

Finally getting my own HeaterCraft shower in my boat. For those who have tapped into that u-shaped hose for the hot water feed on the PCM engines - I already have a heater line installed there. The hose goes up under my dash to the heater core and comes back. Should I just tap into that same line? Which side? I have no idea if the outlet or the return is forward.

• Baller

@KRoundy Mine as well as most I have seen use the block drain port on the side of the block to get the hot water. I used the appropriate brass male pipe thread nipple with the hose barb end matching the blue hose size. In my case the passenger side of the engine but I have seen them on either side.

• Baller

@S1Pitts Oh, hey, that’s a pretty good idea. So to be super clear, you taped right into the block and just removed the PCM blue drain hose? Got a photo of the setup by any chance? I know some older boats didn’t have the blue drain hoses and you just had brass plugs you removed every winter, so perhaps that is your setup? 

Also, update to my comment above, I found an image in the PCM owners manual that shows the outlet is aft and the return is forward (closest to the belts at the front of the engine).

IMG_4915.png