Ski fun days March 10, 11, and 12 in South AL

aupatking

• Baller

I have recently taken the VP role in my county’s Auburn Alumni Club. The first thing I thought of was to reach out to the Auburn Waterski Club, to see if they would have any interest in a ski day or three at our lake. We are only about 30 minutes north of Gulf Shores and Orange Beach, which are pretty popular destinations for Spring Breakers. It looks like they may have several members come down, so I wanted to open the invite for a fun day on the lake, should anyone be in the area. It will not be a tournament, just a “skiing for fun” event but it should be a great time. My lake owner was once on Auburn’s ski team so he is totally behind the idea. I always hate to toe the line on advertising, but he has several really cool little cabins onsite that he AirBnBs, so you could stay onsite. Really, if you ever wanted on any date to come down, I’m ALWAYS up for pulling a Baller, or anyone else interested. 

The lake and cabins/cottages are just outside of the beautiful town of Fairhope AL, on Mobile Bay, and his place is Weeks Bay Plantation. It’s owned by Tynes Stringfellow, who has been in tournament skiing for decades. Some of the old timers will probably know the name. 

55B8064E-D691-4FED-8315-546F2FBF6ED2.jpeg

• Like 5

• Baller

Yes, Alabama has a little piece of the the Gulf coast beaches in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach, known as the Redneck Riverara. Beautiful white sugar sand beaches extending west of the Florida panhandle. I lived for 19 years at Ski Chaste on the north side of Mobile. A great place to live and  ski.  Probably could get a ski ride there as well, but Patrick and Tynes are great guys, check it out. Ski Watch is is an hour east in Pensacola too. Great skiing in a great part of the country.